Thursday, August 8, 2019

Maquillage Dramatic Skin Sensor Base EX SPF25 PA+++

Update August 9, 2019.

Here's the 25mL full size bottle of Maquillage Dramatic Skin Sensor Base EX SPF25 PA+++ reviewed in late June below. I bought in in a promotional set with a mini powder foundation Dramatic Powdery UV SPF25 PA+++ in Ochre 10. 

Funny enough, to fit it into a padded envelope the Rakuten JP shop cut up the outer packaging save for the back panel with all the info LOL! This has never happened to me before but I guess I don't mind since it's just for my own use and not intended as a gift. Plus, he threw in two freebie sample brochures from Elixir and D Program so I won't complain ^.^


Turns out I was supposed to shake up the bottle before each use, which I didn't do with the 5mL sample bottle below. Woops. Also, here's another funny thing. See what circle below? That's the amount I'm supposed to use. Serious. They want me to pour some out into my palm and eyeball it to about 1.5cm in diameter LOL I mean, this stuff is a liquid. It moves and spread. The 1.5cm diameter could be 5 or 20 drops depending on how I hold my palm. Why not just tell me exactly how many drops to use?
 

-------------------------------------------
Original post Friday, June 28, 2019.

For the longest time, I gave away all my freebie samples and trial sizes of bases and primers, many of them Japanese brands. It was only since this past winter that I started to pay attention, thanks to Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. A couple of months ago, I stumbled upon this 5mL bottle of Maquillage Dramatic Skin Sensor Base EX SPF25 PA+++. It was a freebie from one of my Rakuten JP orders for the Dramatic Rouges. I never got around to give it away, which meant I actually got to try a Japanese base!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This is a base for foundation, yes, but I've been using all bases and primers for my sunscreen instead. Of course, some works better than others (cough--Pixi--cough), like how my skin stays moisturized and my sunscreen cocktail sets to a nicer finish on top of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, for example. 

However, it wasn't until I tried this Maquillage Skin Sensor Base that I finally understood why some people swear by bases and primers. Folks, not only this base helps my sunscreen sets better and to a nicer finish, it brightens up my face, and it keeps my sunscreen in tact. Nothing gets greasy on top of this stuff, and nothing slides around in patches, even by the early evening when both hubby and I are pooped after having spent a day chasing after our 2-year old. Yes, this base does all of that. 

Now I'm not saying this Maquillage base is perfect. It's not. As you can see, it's a runny milk, and it doesn't moisturize the same way Beauty Flash Balm or Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch do. But for this weather, that's totally ok with me. As temperature climbs to mid 90F's (mid 30C's) where I am, I'm amenable to giving the super mattefying and rather drying Pixi another go even. Besides, Maquillage was meant for Japan's humid weather to begin with, especially the summer and early fall when the whole country's a sauna (except for Hokkaido may be). Either way, I'm so impressed I've already a secured a full size bottle via Rakuten JP.

Finally, the technical stuff. As mentioned above, this is a runny milk that's slightly opaque. It's unscented, and while it does even out my skin a little tiny but, there's really no coverage as far as I can tell. There's a low SPF25 PA+++, and I'd be bummed if I were planning to use this by itself, but I don't. I'm wearing it underneath my sunscreen, so any sun protection booster is welcomed no matter how little. The back of my bottle says "All Season" but since it's light on the moisture side, I don't see myself using it for the cold and dry season.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts