Sunday, April 21, 2019

Pixi Beauty Rose Flash Balm

Having finally followed the usage instructions for Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and found it worked rather well as a primer for my sunscreens, I started to get curious about other makeup primers and branched out to this 15mL/0.5fl oz. tube of Pixi Beauty Rose Flash Balm from their Best of Rose set.


I own half a dozen of Pixi's awesome Endless Silky Eye Pens and have heard of and been curious about Pixi Glow Tonic for ages but never did take the bait. That was, until I googled "flash balm" and this Rose Flash Balm popped up. Even better was that it was in a set with a mini 15mL/0.5fl oz. Rose Cream Cleanser and 40mL/1.35fl oz. Rose Tonic (*not* the same as Glow Tonic, I know), both of which I'd totally use to I picked up two sets to try.

My first reaction to the set was how tiny it is! Of course I saw all the product contents before buying but couldn't really visualize how small everything was until I held them in my hand. Each set retailed for $22 and good thing I got them for half off. I didn't realize how pricey Pixi has gotten, wow!


This Pixi Flash Balm is decidedly different than the Clarins one. Whereas Clarins was creamy and moisturizing, Pixi is thicker and more balmy but not as moisturizing. It doesn't smell much like rose either. May be it's just me but I smell mostly a tart, generic soap-like scent that's not bad but is nowhere as soothing and lovely as Clarins was. It seems to have a matte-fying effect on my sunscreen too, which may help milky formulas with less elegant finishes like Sunkiller Perfect Strong Moisture and Anessa Perfect UV Aqua Booster Mild (reformulated and repackaged as Perfect UV Sunscreen Mild Milk in 2018, will review soonish), may be even those pesky sunscreen "gels" and "essences" that are more like toothpaste.

However, I'm using Nivea Sun Protect Water Milk Mild right now (will review next) and applying it over this flash balm is total a mistake. Think tenacious matte over matte-fying and it's like I've just glued on a kabuki mask. So until I figure out the best cocktail for the Nivea Milk Mild, I've actually had to stop using this flash balm. Either way, I won't be buying the full size for sure. I much prefer Clarins.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts