Saturday, January 15, 2022

Able Skincare Anti-Aging Radiance Platinum Sleeping Mask

Oh boy, where do I start? Having finished my deluxe trial jar of Erno Laszlo Hydra-Therapy Memory Sleep Mask and immediately moved on to another full size jar (I told you I love this stuff, right?), I decided to introduce yet another sleeping mask to my nighttime routine, this 50mL/1.69fl. oz. jar of Able Skincare Anti-Aging Radiance Platinum Sleeping Mask

I've never heard of the brand Able Skincare before. The only online review I found of the brand reads more like a sketchy advertisement written by the makers themselves. If you do a quick google search, you'll find folks on sub-Reddit discussing whether this brand is a scam. I'm still on the fence whether the brand is legit, because their official website is pretty vague about who they are and what they do, especially when their products are all so pricey. For example, this jar of sleeping mask is listed for GBP108 (~$150).


No, I didn't pay that. I paid a fraction of that listed retail, because I got my jar from Nordstrom Rack :P I think I know why it ended up at the Rack too--the packaging has changed. My jar has the old packaging, of course, but the ingredients shown on my box are the same as those shown on the product page, so it seems the formula is unchanged. The main ingredients are pearl powder, platinum powder, and mica, all with debatable benefits but hey, I'm pretty much gambling with every other skincare product, and this one is no different.

Anyway, I squeezed this Platinum Sleeping Mask in on my "spa nights," i.e. every other night in between good ol' moisturizers to break up the monotony. I just take turns using this and the Erno Laszlo sleeping mask. Let's just say the first impression with this Platinum Sleeping Mask was the total opposite with Erno Laszlo, less than ideal. I gave hubby and myself our usual amount, a peanut size dollop, and totally regretted it. It took us both aback how thick and greasy, and strongly perfumed, this stuff was! In fact, it was so greasy I had to wash it off with a washcloth and even then, it didn't come off. It was as if I'd applied a glob of perfumed lard to my face. Ick. Yuck.

I was all ready to write off this jar when my face finally dried and, oh hmmm, my skin felt pretty soft, and smooth, and well-moisturized. When the next turn came around, I gave hubby and myself half the peanut sized amount. Nope, still too much. We kept halving the amount until we got to what I thought is a good size for my face and neck: a small and dry red bean--NOT red kidney bean mind you but a red bean, the tiny ones. I even have the perfect little scoop that will sit nicely inside the jar lid too!
***Stock photo from this website.

Now that I got the right amount figured out, this Platinum Sleeping Mask has been working out pretty well! I warm that red bean-sized dollop in my hands and massage it onto my face and neck, whereupon my face heats up. I'm actually not sure if it was the massage or it's this sleeping mask that heats up my face, but either way it feels nice. The fragrance is more subdued with the smaller amount too. Once massaged in, the sleeping mask takes a long time to absorbs, about 15-20 minutes, but once it does, my skin feels super soft and velvety, just like it does with Erno Lazslo, and I wake up to soft and plump skin the next morning. So overall, I'd say the learning curve with this sleeping mask is too steep for anyone to pay the full retail. However, if you can get it discounted at Nordstrom Rack, I think it's worth a try.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts