Sunday, January 16, 2022

Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Finishing my second 15g tube of Lucas' Papaw Ointment so I guess it's time for a post. I first read about this ointment from Citrine, and since I always need an all-purpose ointment/balm within reach of my nursing chair, I thought I'd give this a try and picked up a 3-pack from Amazon.

 

Prior to this, I'd finished three Mustela Nourishing Stick with Cold Cream and was itching to try something new. However, now I think I'll finish up these three tubes of Lucas' and go back to Mustela ^.^ 

Lucas' is a thin, yellowy ointment that's unscented. It does have a smell, probably from the fermented papaya that's in the ingredients, but it's not an unpleasant smell. There's no added fragrance. It's a decent moisturizer that unfortunately doesn't last very long. As my littlest one nurses, I put it on his cheeks, around his nostrils, on the back of his hands, etc. I use it on myself as well, lips, nostrils, cuticles, basically anywhere and everywhere that feels dry.

However, to be honest I wish this would last much longer than it does. For example, I'd put Lucas' on my littlest one's cheeks and by the time he's done nursing, the ointment would be mostly wiped off, which is too bad. Whereas Mustela's was thicker and stayed put for longer. Sometimes, it was still on even after my littlest one woke up from his nap, which was really impressive because he's just like his big brother and loves rolling all around his crib and mushing his face and cheeks into the mattress xD I just wish Mustela's wasn't scented. Ha!

So I'd say sure, give Lucas' a try if you're curious, but I'm going to move on and won't repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts