Saturday, July 29, 2023

Becca Pearl Glow Lip Tint

This Becca Pearl Glow Lip Tint in Blackberry was a cart-filler and so far, it remains exactly that. The product hasn't wowed me in any way, not the formula, texture, or color, so I probably won't buy anymore.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This is another attempt at the now-ubiquitous tinted balm, and sadly, I'd have to say it's not a great one. Yes, I've only tried this one color, and yes, I'm so very biased and spoiled with all the amazing lippies I've own and used thus far. But first of all, it doesn't feel like a balm on my lip. What happened to all the jojoba oil, vitamin E, and watermelon butter supposedly in the formula? Why does it feel like any other store-bought lippie? It's on the thin side, isn't particularly smooth, and isn't really moisturizing either. Why is it called a tinted balm? Heck, I've had straight up lipsticks that are way better than this. Boo. Hiss.

- Blackberry: the color is translucent, build-able, and shimmer-free, which I like, but I wouldn't call this blackberry at all. Sure, it looks like a blackberry in the tube, but it swatched a raspberry on the back of my hand and goes on my lips with lots of violet-magenta. So I would say it's more like a sangria color, which is pretty but isn't my favorite. 

From left to right: This Becca Pearl Glow Lip Tint in Blackberry, Clinique Chubby Stick in 16 Voluptuous Violet (will post next), and Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in Lust for Life.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts