Friday, July 28, 2023

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Part III

Okay, I think this will be the last Ilia purchase, as least lippie-wise, because they're just so inconsistent and hit-n-miss. This is the Tinted Lip Conditioner in Lust for Life.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

After my previous purchase of Europa and Dizzy, I was very annoyed with Dizzy but loved Europa and decided to give the brand another try and picked up this Lust for Life color. Well, I shouldn't have. Because like Crimson & Clover and Nobody's Baby, there's this irritating grittiness in the formula that's just odd. I can't explain (excuse?) it away because the color the bullet looks smooth and the color is shimmer-free. And this time, that grittiness remains no matter how I wear down the bullet. So yeah, I won't buy another Ilia lipstick because as far as I'm concerned, the color, texture, and quality are all very inconsistent and I just don't know what I'm going to get with each color.

- Lust for Life: a gorgeous shimmer-free red wine that's just flattering and perfect, but the texture of the lippie was also oddly gritty and just couldn't stand it, so I passed it on despite loving the color. 
 
From left to right: Becca Pearl Glow Lip Tint in Blackberry (will post next), Clinique Chubby Stick in 16 Voluptuous Violet (will post soon), and this Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in Lust for Life. See how pretty the red wine color is? Too bad the texture of the lippie itself drives me crazy.

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts