Thursday, July 30, 2020

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Part II

I said I'd try a couple more Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners if they're on sale and I did--Dizzy and Europa. They went on sale because Ilia was changing the packaging. It went from the brushed recycled aluminum below to a white packaging which I'm not sure is aluminum or other metal or plastic. I can't tell from the online photos and couldn't find any other info from their website.   

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Since these are in a series I'll just go straight to color descriptions.

- Dizzy: shimmer free apricot, or supposedly apricot. This color's just wrong on so many levels. First, there's this weird yellow undertone that turns this "apricot" sickly and sallow on me. I googled this color and it seems some folks can wear it just fine, if not flatteringly even. Perhaps it's me and not the lippie, and it's true that there's a lot of yellow in my skin tone. Second, this color has the much-dreaded white base. When I wear it, it looks like I'd applied foundation on my lips, which I remember some of my middle and high school friends did way back in the early to mid 90's. So I would say the white base dates this color, and not in a good way. I would like to think the color would have been more wearable for me, yes even with the weird yellow under tone, if it weren't for the white base.

- Europa: transparent and shimmer free cranberry in the tube, also swatches cranberry but applies with a touch more red on my lips. Opposite with Dizzy above, this color hits it out of the park. A perfect daytime lipstick. Love it!

Dizzy and Europa. See how Dizzy turns weirdly sallow on the back of my hand? On my lips it's even worse :(

See my previous Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner post.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

These actually look like Celvoke kind of shades, the yellow might be wearable if it's clear....there are some 90s 00s that feel pretty and nostalgic but some other need to be gone for good...my middle school lip color of doom is frosty white pink gloss by NYC (and I actually got one)....

D. said...

Hey Mina,

That's what I think too, that the yellow would be OK without the white base. But the combination of the two is just unbearable. Urgh.

Mine was a color-changing lipstick, also by NYC I think. It was green and changes into a pink, not unlike Lipstick Queen Frog Prince, only it was a nasty super bright pink that makes me look like a clown.

:(
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts