Friday, July 24, 2020

Pixi Beauty Rose Cream Cleanser

Almost done with two 15mL/0.5fl oz tubes of Pixi Beauty Rose Cream Cleanser from two Best of Rose sets so here's a review for it.


This is a non-foaming cleanser from Pixi's Rose Infused collection. To be honest, the tube is so tiny and since it's non-foaming, I use it more liberally and each tube lasts me just 3-4 uses at most. Then again, I'm glad I didn't just jump into a full size because I'm not too keen with this cleanser to begin with. Why not? Because it's actually, technically, *not* a cream cleanser.

The first time I dispensed some of this stuff onto my hand, I literally did a double-take. It came out of the tube not a cream but a beige colored, somewhat slimy yogurt--WTH? It was so peculiar I thought both of my tubes had gone bad. However, it didn't smell rancid, just an odd herbal-mineral scent with a whiff of rose. So I tried washing my face and neck with it and heck, it felt somewhat slimy then too. Moreover, it rinsed mostly clean and didn't even leave the slightest film behind. And yet it dried out my skin and my face was taut after drying. What kind of cream cleanser is this?!? 

And that was when I finally read the tube and saw "mineral-rich mud." I checked the ingredients too and Diatomaceous Earth was 6th on the list. That makes this cleanser not a cream but a clay cleanser, which explains a whole lot. My dry-combo skin and clay cleansers don't get along, so that was that. Will not purchase full size.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts