Saturday, July 25, 2020

Rouge Bunny Rouge Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wand

Rouge Bunny Rouge is an English brand I've been curious about and had read great things of, but still I'm reluctant to jump in because it's hard to take my attention away from the usual roster of Japanese brands. Since last fall though, I decided I should branch out a bit and try new things, so I picked up two RBR lippies along with this Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wand in 018 Rubens.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

One of the things I liked about RBR is their packaging, which I think was simple but elegant, and cute but practical. Take this Blush Wand for example, it's nothing reminiscent of a wand but is instead an adorable chubby tube with sturdy black packaging and super cute white flower print. It's user-friendly, portable, and really is perfect for a makeup bag.

Note I said I liked their packaging, as in past tense--the brand went through a revamp recently and changed all of their packaging. Now everything just looks meh. Whatever it was I liked about the packaging, they did away with it :( Ack! Why?

But other than that, the Blush Wand I have has a lovely jelly formula that's faintly scented, with a shimmer-free transparent finish. Pigmentation is decent, not too crazy but not sheer either, just right for me.

- 018 Rubens: dark cherry in the tube, swatched a neutral red, and blended out a healthy reddish flush. Couldn't ask for a better cream blush, honestly. I wish they hadn't changed the packaging. I totally would have gone back for more colors.

Left to right: Cheeks in Bloom Blush Wand in 018 Rubens (blended and swatched), and Enchanting Blooms Tinted Luxe Balm in 095 Amazing Anemones and Succulence of Dew Sheer Lipstick in 088 Relish of Heaven (will post both soon).

2 comments:

Lena L said...

Ah, I have Rueben and Relish in Heaven and love them both. It's a shame that they discontinued the sheer lipstick line. I wonder how the lip balm compares in terms of formulation. Will look forward to your next reviews!

D. said...

Hi Lena,

Me too! Right after I tried Relish of Heaven, I immediately went back but the line had already been discontinued then and whatever stock left was sold out. It's not even on E(vil)bay anymore! I consider RBR products in their old packaging "the ones that got away" :(

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts