Saturday, July 18, 2020

Suqqu Velvet Lipstick

Last lippie of the bunch is this Suqqu Velvet Lipstick in 101 影橙 (Kagedaidai), released a part of the UK LE 2019 holiday collection along with Designing Color Eyes 127 深飾 (Fukakazari, will post soon).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


This was a new lipstick formula before Suqqu released the "soft matte" Vibrant Rich Lipsticks. I'm not quite sure what they meant with "velvet" but it feels just like any other creams to me. While I wouldn't say it's anything like the balmy and moisturizing lippies I hoard, it's indeed a soft and comfortable formula, not at all drying. It's quite pigmented though, and with a satiny finish. There's no white base, but just one layer provides me with full coverage and vibrant color.

One neat thing I found is that because there's no white base, when I apply my usual one swipe on the upper lip and then press to spread (and I do this with all my pigmented lippies, it's a way I control how much color I get), the result is a translucent soft matte finish, aka the trendy sheer matte lips. Speaking of sheer matte lips, interesting that it's trendy now since I'd encountered this soft matte formula a few years before with Lunasol and Paul & Joe.

- 101 影橙 (Kagedaidai): appears an orange red in the tube but applies more like persimmon-orange. However, with just one layer on the upper lip and pressed to spread, it turns more red and I end up with a red coral soft matte lips. Likey! Might pick up the color too if it ever goes on sale.

Matte Lip Crayon 105 染赤 (Someaka) and this Velvet Lipstick 101 影橙 (Kagedaidai)

2 comments:

Lena L said...

This is just what I needed! The berry(hot pink) shade is actually on sale (Selfridges) but there was very little info about this particular formula. I am glad to hear that it's more of a satin lipstick with full coverage.

D. said...

Hi Lena,

It is very pigmented and does have full coverage, and I'm surprised I don't hate it ^.^ probably because of the translucency. I'd imagine it's something similar to the LE Vibrant Rich 109 but perhaps creamier.

Thanks for telling me about the berry shade on sale--I just bought it :)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts