Monday, July 27, 2020

Estee Lauder Nutritious Micro-Algae Pore Minimizing Hydra Lotion

To be honest, this 100mL/3.4fl. oz. pump bottle of Estee Lauder Nutritious Micro-Algae Pore Minimizing Hydra Lotion was an impulse buy that I seriously considered returning. In the end, I kept it because I was too busy, and too lazy, to take it back out there, and this was a year before the pandemic.


The "Hydra Lotion" in the name briefly got my attention and I bought this. However, when I took a closer look and saw the "Pore Minimizing" part, I immediately regretted my purchase. This is because pore-minimizing on my dry-combo skin usually means drying. But then I decided I'd give it a try anyway when I didn't have time to go return it. 

This came out of the bottle a milky lotion and not in the Japanese sense. It was scented with a clean but somewhat masculine cologne-like fragrance. It felt light enough going on so I was using it as part of my morning routine, two pumps for my face and neck after Sisley Floral Toning Lotion and Clarins Eye Contour Gel. It absorbed quickly and for the first few days it was okay. After two weeks of daily use though, I started getting dry patches around my nose and mouth. Sigh. As if I didn't see that coming but at least I gave it a shot.

I ended up passing this on to hubby as he had just finished the small jar of L'Occitane Aqua Reotier Ultra Thirst-Quenching Gel he really liked. He still likes the L'Occitane gel better, but this lotion works well for him too. And it smells much better on him than on me. Will not repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts