Sunday, July 5, 2020

Suqqu Moisture Rich Lipstick Part VI

I've been setting aside all of my Suqqu purchases here and there for batch photos, because time has been a scarcity, and even more so now with two kids on lock down. These photos were taken back in February when I rushed to take as many pictures as possible before my littlest one arrived. All the items were bought last year, and among them one of the Moisture Rich Lipstick released last fall, 11 凛紅 (Rinku).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Honestly, there were two permanent colors and three LE's, but #12 is a caramel-milk color that I don't wear and I wasn't too keen on the three LE's because they were so glittery. The last time I tried glittery Moisture Rich LE's they were disappointingly gritty in texture. It's for this same reason that I passed on this summer's LE releases too--the two MR in white tubes are again glittery. Boo. Hiss. So #11 was my only logical choice.

- 11 凛紅 (Rinku): shimmer-free mauve that's surprisingly flattering on. Likey!

Moisture Rich Lipstick 11 凛紅 (Rinku) and Clear Neon Lipstick 102 映菫 (Haesumire, will post next).

See my previous posts:

4 comments:

Lena L said...

I have just discovered Suqqu Moisture Rich Lipsticks and I am smitten with the formula. (I still don't think Suqqu should have not discontinued Extra Glow Lipstick, though.) I wanted to get the summer LE lipsticks but they were sold out on Selfridges so I couldn't. Learning that they are gritty here makes me feel better about it. ;p I did get Rinku myself and I agree it's unassuming but very beautiful.

D. said...

Hi Lena,

Being a Japanese brand, Suqqu has a knack for the unthinkable: discontinuing some of their best-sellers. Before the Extra Glow Lipsticks, there were the Creamy Glows and Creamy Glow Moists, and of course their famous Blend Color Eye Shadows. It's mind-boggling!

I actually did a lot of hand-wringing before decided to pass on this summer's LE's. What if I was wrong? And they're LE! But then I remember that I have two LE's that I don't ever touch because they're gritty :(

On your recommendation I also got the Vibrant Rich 109 :) Can't wait to try it!

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

But....I think the summer glittery shades are not gritty. The particle look small and fine enough. I would grab them if they ever become available...

I do sort of understand why they phase out the old blend color eyeshadow though, they are distinct and classy but they defibinitly look like they suit older folks better.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

DOH! Hmm...but the shimmer particles in the two 2018 winter LE's I have are pretty small too, and yet the lipsticks are gritty. Oddly enough, some of the colors from the permanent (like 02 Hanakurenai, 04 Kinanzu, and 09 Kiaka) have large chunky glitters but are not at all gritty. So I think it's the LE's that are inconsistent in terms of texture.

But but but the current Design Color Eyes are so...boring... ^.^"

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts