Sunday, December 1, 2019

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner

Last winter, I spotted these Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner on sale on Beauty Habit and was intrigued enough to pick up a few colors to try: Arabian Knights, and Crimson & Clover and Nobody's Baby from a Modern Romance Gift Set Tinted Lip Conditioner Duo. This is a Canadian brand I've heard and read about for a while but haven't had the chance to try.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I'm usually not one to fall for outer packaging but the Modern Romance Gift Set came in such an exquisite carton I actually kept it! Zoom to see details.

These Lip Conditioners are about the same size as your average lipstick, housed in brushed metal tubes (I've read that they're recycled aluminum--awesome!) that are weighty and substantial. Each tube contains 4g of product so it's not a bad deal even at $28 retail. There's a very faint sweet scent that doesn't bother me.

The formula is fantastic! Balmy, moisturizing, and super comfortable on the lips. There was a weird initial grittiness with Crimson & Clover and Nobody's Baby, but this goes away after the 3rd application or so. All three colors are shimmer-free with translucent-transparent finish and a nice sheen, though I wouldn't call them glossy. I'll probably try a couple more colors if they're on sale.

- Arabian Knights: transparent berry with a superbly smooth and buttery texture, indistinguishable from my favorite Japanese formulas. Yup, I secured a backup.

- Crimson & Clover: sheer and translucent warm red that's slightly more pigmented than the other two colors. 

- Nobody's Baby: a pinky peach-nude that's also sheer and translucent, totally my-lips-but-peachier. This color is something I'd imagine reaching for quite often, as it's so easy to wear and I can apply it without a mirror.

From left to right: Arabian Knights, Crimson & Clover, and Nobody's Baby. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts