Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Estee Lauder Pure Color Love Magic LipTint Balm

This past spring, Nordstrom ran some great promotions with Estee Lauder products, giving away GWP and other full size freebies(!), so I stocked up on some Nutritious Super-Pomegranate items (the revamped Nutritious Vitality8 line, will review later). Among other things, I also bought this Pure Color Love Magic LipTint Balm in 302 Orange Up.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

When I was reading the review for this LipTint Balm, one reviewer pointed out how stupid the packaging was, namely that the cap being too long leaving very little of the actual bullet for grip. At the time, I didn't quite understand what she meant, but once I took this lippie out of its box, it dawned upon me she was correct. Basically, with the cap on, I'd have to hold the twist-up bullet with the tip of my fingers because there just isn't anything left to hold on to. Also, the whole thing is chunky and clunky when the bullet itself is nice and slim. So to start, packaging sucks =.="

There are actually two colors available, Wet Watermelon and Orange Up, and of course I went with Orange Up and not just because I'm partial to oranges. Wet Watermelon looks neon pink, so no thanks. 

- 302 Orange Up: this is another lippie that's balmy, shimmer-free, and applies transparent. Hooray, right? Unfortunately, I'm afraid this "orange" is not orange at all :( Boo. Hiss. The bullet may look bright orange but it actually applies a coral-pink and stains a medium pink. And despite the swatches looking rather wearable, this LipTint Balm has more similarities with the Bronze Goddess Blooming Lip Balm than the Pure Color Envy Blooming Lip Balm, as in it's crazy bright on my lips, with the stain being just as bright after the balm itself faded, way too bright for daytime use, at least for me. Sigh.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts