Friday, September 17, 2010

Coffee Jelly!

One of my favorite dessert in Japan (and Vietnam too!) is coffee jelly! Actually, I had forgotten about it because there is no coffee jelly in the states, but I was quickly reminded of its existence over dinner at Denny's, the day after my arrival! So what else to do but add it to my grocery list?

The first dessert I bought at the grocery wasn't coffee jelly though, it was flan, also known as caramel custard and is surprisingly popular here. I tried a few variety but found none to my liking (too thick, too eggy, too sweet, etc.), so I turned to coffee jelly instead :)


Pictured here is from the brand MeguMilk, but the best brand I've found so far turns out to be a store brand by Coop, a grocery store chain. It was the first coffee jelly I found that wasn't too bitter or sweet. Yum!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts