Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stila Lip Glaze Part VI

The last of the Stila Lip Glazes! Hooray! I finally got through them all, and as much as I love the click pen application, I am sorry to say I am so very glad to get these Lip Glazes off my hand. I know there are many Lip Glaze fans out there, but for me they are probably some of the worst lip glosses I have ever owned and used. Not only they are sticky as hell, they dry out my lips! Not happy.

- Orange: this one is thankfully the least sticky out of the 4 in this post, although if I'm not careful, the tissue would still stick on my lips when I wipe it off (I hate that!). It also has no shimmer, and therefore has no grainy gritty feel. I do smell a light citrusy fragrance from it, though not enough to be noticeable. The fragrance dissipate almost instantly anyway. It's got to be one of my favorite Lip Glaze colors! The name says Orange, but as you can see it's more red than orange. At least on my lips it's more of a sheer juicy red and only if I pile on a whole glob would it look a bright, poppy reddish orange. The big down side? The color fades quickly, lasting for only about an hour or so. Total bummer.


- Berry Ice: this one smells oddly like those vitamin chews for kids! Either way, this one absolutely does not work for me. It looks like a bubblegum pink, but in natural light it's more pale like a cherub pink. The problem is that it's opaque in addition to having silver shimmers, so it turns frosty and washes me out. Urgh.


- Spiced Pumpkin: this color is pretty, though a tiny bit frosty. It came off an orangey peach, which went well with my warmer skin tone and gave me that youthful glow. It's another Lip Glaze that's less sticky too!


- Candy Cane: barely minty and just a touch of red on my lips. And faded rather soon after, unfortunately. Sigh...

So as it concludes, it looks like the Convertible Colors and the unfortunately long-discontinued Color Push-ups remain my only Stila favorites. Oh yes, I forgot about the Stila Crushes Lip & Cheek Stains, which I did buy but have yet to try. Will review later :)

See my previous posts...
- Stila Lip Glaze
- Stila Lip Glaze Part II
- Stila Lip Glaze Part III
- Stila Lip Glaze Part IV

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts