Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mameshiba Soy Milk Isoflavone Glutinous Moist Lotion

I spotted this Mameshiba Soy Milk Isoflavone Glutinous Moist Lotion at a random drugstore and couldn't help my curiosity. First of all, what the heck are those mameshiba?!? I googled them the moment I got home and found their Wikipedia page. They have an official website too, if you're curious like me ^.^

Anyway, this is a product by Dentsu Inc., and although I've seen several other of their items at my local drugstores, this is my first time trying one! This Mameshiba Moist Lotion is an unscented toner with milky appearance and slight viscous texture. It does not appear to have an oil ingredient, at least not that I can tell from the ingredients list on the back of the bottle, so I am categorizing it as a hydrator. It does contain alcohol. 

I generally don't use Asian made toners the same way I use the toners at home, i.e. soaking a cotton ball and wiping my face with it. Perhaps because of the high moisture content in Asian made toners, wiping my face with them using a cotton ball will guarantee unbearable stickiness afterwards, and trust me I have tried many times with many various different ones, all with the same icky results. So now I just pour a few drops into my palm and then pat them onto my skin and let them absorb completely before applying moisturizer. My face doesn't get sticky this way.

I have to say this toner is very hydrating indeed! It is much drier nowadays, and after washing my skin often feels a little tight. So right after I get out of the shower, I pat on a few drops while my skin is still damp. And just a few drops is enough, because anymore will make my face all tacky, which I really hate. This product is probably too rich for use during the summer. The bottle only has 180mL, and it costs around 1,000yen, so it's a bit pricey too. It was an impulse buy for me, but I guess I don't regret it since I use so little at a time and the bottle will last me for months. I certainly won't buy it again though, as I'm eyeing the Sana Hadanomy range, having had a sample of the lotion during the summer and quite liked it!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts