Monday, March 4, 2013

The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defense

I've been using this Body Shop Aloe Eye Defense off and on for a long time, so I guess it's time to review it!

This is an unscented eye cream that's on the light side, and therefore not really adequate as a night treatment for my dry skin, especially around the area and in drier climates. Which is why I still regret not bringing it with me to super humid Taipei, because it would have been perfect for nights there :( Here in SF where the water is on the hard side, it's okay for day use, but only when I'm home lounging around as it melts my water resistant Japanese sunscreens, a big no-no.

I like that this eye cream is well priced and comes in a decently sized, and hygienic, pump bottle. That said, 15mL/0.5fl oz. of eye cream has been lasting me for, like, ever, since I only use it when I'm home. As a result, I'm getting really antsy to use it up and be rid of it once and for all. While I really enjoyed using The Body Shop's Vitamin E line, particularly the Moisture SerumHydrating TonerCream Cleanser, and the Cream Exfoliator, for some reason the Aloe line has been just blah and doesn't really do anything for me, not even in terms of enthusiasm. And I've tried a few things too! I liked the Protective Serum enough, but the Gentle Exfoliator and Gentle Facial Wash were both disappointingly lackluster. And now this eye cream. I suppose this means no more Aloe for me from The Body Shop.

The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defense:
Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Betaine, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts