Sunday, August 3, 2014

Etude House Tear Drop Eye Liner

I picked up these Etude House Tear Drop Eye Liners at the same time as the Proof 10 Eye Primer. These look interesting enough, and they were quite affordable at $3-4 a piece so why not, right? There are 4 colors: 1 White Tear, 2 Khaki Gold Tear, 3 Pearl Tear, and 4 Sunlight Tear. I purchased all 4 colors.

From left to right: 1 White Tear, 2 Khaki Gold Tear, 3 Pearl Tear, and 4 Sunlight Tear. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


Basically, these are super sparkly gel highlighters for the lower lash lines and the inner corners of the eyes. You can either apply in dashes then blend, or dot them for a "teary" effect, hence the name. All the colors are translucent pearly base loaded with sparkles, but despite all the shimmers the texture is smooth and the formula is unscented. The shimmer particles are not too big as to become chunky glitters, which is a good thing. 

What's not so good is that they don't last at all on me. After taking pictures of the swatch, they wipe right off of the back of my hands. And although the effect is nice for inner corners of the eyes (I do the dash and blend, not really into the teary thing... who the heck likes to walk around looking like they're on the verge of crying?!?), as soon as my eyes water up for any reason at all, they wash right off. Oh well, they're really pretty to look at though! 

1 White Tear: white pearl base with ivory sparkles.

2 Khaki Gold Tear: this one is my favorite! The name says khaki but it applies more of an antique silver pearl base with gold and orange sparkles. I posted a larger version of the swatch picture, hopefully you'll get a glimpse of the pretty orange sparkles ^.^

3 Pearl Tear: a pastel pink pearl base with pink sparkles.

4 Sunlight Tear: another one of my favorite! A beige pearl base with gold sparkles. The color made me wish these would last much better than they do, because I want to wear it on my lids but I just know it will crease within minutes.


From left to right: 1 White Tear, 2 Khaki Gold Tear, 3 Pearl Tear, and 4 Sunlight Tear. The bottom picture is slightly angled to show the orange sparkles in 2 Khaki Gold Tear.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts