Monday, December 22, 2014

Eyeko Brow Liner

This Eyeko Brow Liner is an experiment for me. I had no idea what to expect but I thought, heck, I like Eyeko's eye liners, so sure I'll try the brow liner. All this time, I have been relying on just the Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Brow Kit, so having options would be nice. This pen is available in only one color, a faint and transparent brown.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The first impression was underwhelming. I swatched it and thought, hmm, is it going to even show up on my brows? I mean, it's a brush tip pen and not felt tip, and as you can see on the swatch it's rather faint. I felt a lot better after using it for the first time - it looks exceptionally natural on! The Anastasia powder can be a bit stark sometimes, especially when my natural brows are already sparse to begin with! So I really love this pen liner, and I myself can't even tell the strokes apart from the actual eyebrow hairs ^.^

This Brow Liner is not perfect of course, and the first and foremost challenge is that it takes for freakin' ever and a half! As I said, my natural brows are super sparse, so filling in stroke by stroke takes so long I just want to run back to my trusty Hakuhodo B162 and get it over with in a snap. So if your brows are fuller than mine, and you only have a few spots here and there, this pen will be great and I would totally recommend it. But for me, it's kind of a pain despite how natural looking it is. A second problem is that with the pen tube being completely opaque and given how faint the ink is, how will I ever know when I'm running out? Sometimes, it feels as though there isn't any ink coming out and I have to tip the pen down for a second, which of course adds to the time it already takes. And I hate not knowing how long this pen will last for me. So yeah, despite loving the natural looking strokes, I'm still ambivalent about this pen.

From left to right: Skinny Liners in Black and Brown, Visual Eyes in Ebony and Mocha, this Brow Liner, and Liquid Metal Liner in Black Onyx, which I will review soon.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts