Monday, July 18, 2016

Nivea Sun Protect Plus UV Creamy UV Essence SPF50+ PA++++

Just finished this 50g tube of Nivea Sun Protect Plus UV Creamy UV Essence SPF50+ PA++++ so here's a review for it.

Note this is the 2015 formula in the white tube and bottle (top row) and has been discontinued, replaced by the 2016 formula in blue tube and bottle (bottom row). There's also a new Mild formula that's alcohol-free in the mint green bottle (bottom row), which I'll review when I get to it.

I actually bought these for hubby but did experiment with it several times. The first time hubby put this stuff on, he didn't like it. He thought it "felt" waterproof and I didn't understand what he meant so I tried it on myself. It wasn't waterproof and was removable with regular facial soap, but it did leave a lovely soft matte finish like many waterproof milks do, which was the reason he thought it "felt" waterproof.

In fact, this waterproof property is the main difference between the 2015 and the 2016 formulas: the current 2016 version *is* waterproof and the 2015 version wasn't. Still, despite being waterproof the new 2016 formula is removable with regular facial soap. Will review this version later.

So I ended up switching hubby to Skin Aqua SaraFit UV Sara Sara Essence PSF50+ PA++++, at which point he realized he actually preferred the soft matte finish and switched back. And now I'm stuck with yet another half-used tube of sunscreen, the Skin Aqua SaraFit UV. Argh! Will review this later also.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts