Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tarte LipSurgence Comparison Swatches

By now I've amassed a bunch of these Tarte LipSurgence lip pencils, and so here are a bunch of comparison swatches for all the colors I currently have. I've passed on many to family and friends, and at the time of writing, I've passed on a few more and kept only those I actually reach for. 

Anyway, enjoy the photos! I did my best to group them first by line: Lip Cremes, Lip Lusters, Lip Stains, and Lip Tints (so many!), then alphabetically by color name (with few exceptions below where I goofed), and finally by in color families as best I could. I'd have to say the Lip Tints are my favorites because they're shimmer-free and translucent, if not transparent, then the Lip Cremes because they're mostly shimmer-free but are inconsistent in translucency. The Lip Lusters are pretty, but as translucent as they are they're also loaded with shimmers.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash. Clickable = zoomable.

- Lip Tints in Elite, Enchanted, and Joy.


- Lip Lusters in Escape, Sweet, Glitzy, and Delighted, and Lip Tints in Elite, Enchanted, and Joy. I totally goofed here and forgot to organize these Lip Lusters in alphabetical order by name of color. Woops.

- Lip Cremes in Carefree and Wishful, Lip Lusters in Escape, Sweet, Glitzy, and Delighted, and Lip Tints in Elite, Enchanted, and Joy.

- Lip Creme in Miracle, Lip Luster in Delighted, and Lip Tint in Joy.

- Lip Cremes in Miracle and Wishful, Lip Luster in Sweet, and Lip Tints in Elite and Enchanted

- Lip Tints in Festive, Lust, Spirited, and Swank.

- Lip Luster in Fever and Lip Tints in Festive, Lust, Spirited, and Swank.

- Lip Cremes in Heartfelt, Loved, and Miracle, Lip Luster in Fever, and Lip Tints in Festive, Lust, Spirited, and Swank.

- Lip Creme in Loved, Lip Luster in Glitzy, and Lip Tint in Moody.

- Lip Cremes in Heartfelt and Soulful, Lip Luster in Escape, Lip Stain in Amused, and Lip Tint in Enchanted and Skintuitive Energy.

- Lip Creme in Carefree and Lip Tint in Skintuitive Energy Noir. You're probably wondering why I paired these two together since they look so differently in the tube. Turns out they're actually similar once applied.


- Lip Tints in Skintuitive Energy Noir, Moody, and Soulful.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Love looking at so many chubby pencils lined up together. I need to pay attention to future sets coming out!

D. said...

Hey Mina,

You know what's interesting? I've bought only a few sets so far and have kept only a couple of colors from all those sets, the rest I've passed on to family and friends. Which is to say the sets sometimes differ greatly from the original line in terms of texture and finish, so now I only buy individual colors.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts