Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Maquillage Dramatic Rouge Part III

I thought I was done with Maquillage Dramatic Rouge but they released 3 LE colors in the fall of 2016, one of which caught my eyes. I looked them up on Rakuten JP and found a good deal, so I went ahead and picked up all three PK240 Airy Pink, RD330 Swing Red, and RS555 Chic Rose.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I've already reviewed this formula in detail so I won't repeat myself. I do want to point out that so far, I find their consistency impressive. These colors have the exact same texture and feel as the previous ones, still too slippery, thin, and a touch oily for my taste but are extremely comfortable on the lips.

- PK240 Airy Pink: warm pink-coral with micro-shimmers that don't show. This color would have been "airy" if it didn't apply with a slight milkiness due to the white base. The shimmers don't help, of course. Urgh, I'm so annoyed. Why the white base? The color would have been so pretty without it! Sadly, I do regret this purchase and will probably pass this color on to mum-in-law.

- RD330 Swing Red: nowhere near red but a lovely raspberry that's basically a more pigmented version of Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge RD-212, only with white shimmers that don't show. And being more pigmented doesn't mean it's any less translucent. My favorite color out of all three!

RD330 versus CD Premium Stay Rouge RD-212.

- RS555 Chic Rose: not rose at all but more like a translucent plummy brown, again with white shimmers that don't show. Why did they even bother? Both this color and RD330 above are beautiful just on their own, no shimmers necessary. 

From left to right: PK240 Airy Pink, RD330 Swing Red, and RS555 Chic Rose.

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts