Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Lip Glow

It's been a while since my last Estee Lauder product, the Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion I wasn't too impressed with. In fact, the last item I really liked was the Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Ripe Papaya some six years ago.

Meanwhile, they kept trying to tempt me with freebies and I wasn't interested until I spotted the Summer Lip Glow from the 2017 summer Bronze Goddess Collection. There were two shades available and both are now sold out: 01 Sunlit Nude and 02 Sunblush, which I bought. While at it, I also picked up a Pure Color Envy Blooming Lip Balm. Will review this next.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

What sparked my interest in this the Bronze Goddess Collection was the hope that the formula would be similar to the Lip Conditioner I'd used and loved many years ago. It was the price that put me off with the Lip Conditioner, and for good reasons. The retail has since gone from $17 to $22 and no longer has the SPF15, urgh!


The Summer Lip Glow packaging is gorgeous, a reddish gold metallic tube with ridges that feels substantial and luxurious in my hand. The tube is slimmer and taller than the average lipstick tube. Here I'm using Lipstick Queen Eden for comparison.

Does the formula measure up to the Lip Conditioner? Nope. Despite the pretty and expensive-looking tube, I have drugstore lippies that are way better, Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Colour for example. This Summer Lip Glow is thick and balmy but is drier and nowhere as moisturizing. It's also scented with the same annoyingly sweet vanilla scent many lipsticks have.

- 02 Sunblush: From online swatch photos, I was expecting a similar color to Lunasol Full Glamour Lips EX01 Soft Pink but this turns out to be on the peachier side with fine gold shimmers. I think the color is pretty, but it's also unfortunately frosty on me due to the dense shimmers. Aside from lacking a nice shine, it instead leaves more of a satiny finish that brings out all the lines on my lips. This one is a dud for me I'm afraid :(

Pure Color Envy Blooming Lip Balm and Bronze Goddess Summer Lip Glow 02 SunBlush.

Here's the freebies that successfully sold me, among them two Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick and a Sculpting Gloss, which I'll review shortly.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts