Saturday, November 3, 2018

L'Occitane Pivoine Sublime Tinted Lip Balm SPF25

Here's another woops-I-forgot post ^.^" I brought this 4g/0.14oz tube of L'Occitane Pivoine Sublime Tinted Lip Balm SPF25 with me to Tokyo. It had been residing in my date-night bag, and although I did use it off and on then I forgot to post about it anyway. Then came our little one and even date nights were long forgotten. If it weren't for the recent move, I wouldn't have remembered I had such a bag!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The whole line actually came with three other color choices, Rose Amber, Rose Plum, and Transparent, but my tube of Rose Nude came in a Kiss Dry Lips & Hands Goodbye Set (above) with the most adorable polka dots tin. I just didn't get around to trying the other colors before they were discontinued and gone for good.

Since its rediscovery, I transferred the lip balm to my day bag and realize I'm just as ho-hom about it as I was in Tokyo, which is to say I'm not too sad the range is gone.

Let's start with the tube. I'm guessing they were L'Occitane's attempt at competition against Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment, right down to the metallic round tube with a twist-off cap. I think the tube is huge and clunky myself, but at least the flower print on the front is pretty.  



The balm itself is very thin with lots of slip. It feels both waxy and silicone-y, and it's not really that moisturizing. Once applied, it just sits there on top of my lips. I've had much better balms than this to be honest.

- Rose Nude: sheer and transparent reddish rose tint.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts