Monday, November 19, 2018

Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate

After going through two more bottles of Kuramoto Bijin Komeyu Rice Oil Serum, I finally got bored and moved on to this 30mL/1fl. oz. pump bottle of Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate. This isn't a full size but is a deluxe trial bottle. It was part of the Double Serum Complete Age Control Trio along with more deluxe trial sizes of Multi-Active Day Cream and Eye Contour Gel (will review later).


I've read that this serum was recently reformulated though it wasn't clear to me when exactly. Which is to say I've no idea whether my bottle is the old or the new formula. According to the reviews I've seen, the chief complaint with the newer formula is that it isn't as moisturizing as the former. Since I've never tried the old formula to begin with, I don't really have a frame of reference. That said, my skin gets really dry at this time of the year so I learn pretty quickly if a product lacks moisture.

Unfortunately, this double serum isn't moisturizing as far I can tell. However, it's a serum and is meant to be layered under a moisturizer, so I actually don't expect it to be moisturizing on its own. For every pump, the bottle dispenses two different liquids (and hence the double serum in name), one is thick and oily and the other a viscous gel that looks and feels like a light maple syrup. For my face and neck I use two pumps mixed and warmed in my palms. It feels nice going on and sinks in instantly, but I feel the need to immediately follow up with a moisturizer. I do like the scent a lot though! It smells like a milder version of a lovely shampoo, which is weird considering I put it on my face, but I like it nonetheless ^.^"

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts