Monday, November 5, 2018

Voluspa Candles

During Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale I picked up two sets of Voluspa Two-Wick Tin Candle Trios, a Maison Blanc and a Maison Noir. I'd been looking for candles to decorate my new home with and these caught my eyes with the colorful tins.

Maison Blanc

Maison Noir

The Maison Blanc came with Saijo Persimmon, Prosecco Bellini, and Macaron, and the Maison Noir came with Crisp Champagne, Mandarino Cannela, and Pomegranate Blood Orange. I much preferred the lighter colored tins from the Maison Blanc set but couldn't stand any of the three fragrances. They were overwhelming and cloyingly sweet, especially the Saijo Persimmon one that nearly gave me a headache with just one whiff. So I ended up returning the Blanc set and only kept the Noir.

For some reason, the Noir set isn't as strongly scented, especially the Crisp Champagne fragrance that's perfectly mild and heavenly. So I kept that one in my own bathroom ^.^ The other two fragrances are slightly stronger but nowhere near hitting me over the head like the Blanc set. I think it has something to do with the citrus elements as I can tolerate stronger citrus scents more so than sweets. Will keep an eye out for future sets!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts