Monday, July 29, 2019

Sephora Micellar Cleansing Water

In the spring of 2017, Sephora released a collection of skincare in a variety of fragrances that included Rose, Coconut, Green Tea, Charcoal, and Yuzu. Among the collection were cleansing milks (Rose and Coconut) and waters (Green Tea, Charcoal, and Yuzu) but the whole range has since been discontinued. I managed to pick up this 100mL/3.38fl. oz. bottle of Micellar Cleansing Water Yuzu in the fall of 2017 (I think) because, well, it's yuzu and I had to try it. 


This cleansing water is pretty decent. It's not moisturizing, but it's not drying either, so I use it on my "normal skin" days. I don't like that it's a bright yellow color, but my skin is pretty tolerant these days so the colorant doesn't bother me.

However, this isn't at all "yuzu" but more like a flowery grapefruit. I mean, what did I expect from Sephora? They tried hard, yes, and to be fair, yuzu is a pretty difficult scent imitate. It's so unique there's no mistaking it, but at the same time it's so particular it's difficult to get right. So B+ for effort, Sephora, but nope, this "yuzu" isn't quite there. At least I still enjoy using the cleansing water, and I do like grapefruit too so it's not a total dud.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts