Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Suqqu Bright Up Lipstick Part IV

Over the past several months, on two separate occasions I stumbled upon Suqqu Bright Up Lipsticks 01 桃色 (Momoiro) and 05 花杏 (Hanaanzu) via E(vil)bay and was more than happy to add them to my collection ^.^

01 I bought together with a backup of 03 薔薇色 (Barairo), and 05 bought together with EX-29 光絹織 (Koukiori) and Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist EX-10 蕾珠 (Tsubomidama), which I'll review later.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This Bright Up line has some inconsistencies among the different colors, and 01 and 05 have the same texture and finish as 02 花紅 (Hanabeni), 03 薔薇色 (Barairo), 04 桜桃色 (Outouiro), and 06 夕映 (Yuubae): creamy with semi-opaque finish and slight milkiness that thankfully adapts to my lips.

- 01 桃色 (Momoiro): a tawny rosy pink.

- 05 花杏 (Hanaanzu): swatched more coral on my hand but on my lips it's a warm pink with some apricot. I like this color better than 01 because it's warmer, but both colors are perfectly wearable for me.

See my previous posts:

6 comments:

Julia said...

You should rename your blog. Its new name is "Temptation to spend time and money".

D. said...

LOL but every blog is "Temptation to spend time and money" though, Julia! :P

I do think my blog name is pretty blah. I wish I was half as witty as Kate the Driveller (and that her blog isn't invite-only, but hey I totally understand...).

^.^
D.

Bellyhead said...

Momoiro is very hard for me to wear (very white on my lips). But majority of the Bright Ups are just so lovely. I have a backup of akaanzu (my favorite) and barairo. I so wish these were not discontinued. :(

D. said...

Hey Belly,

Momoiro is a tad lighter than my natural lip color as well, though thankfully not too bad and I can still wear it. I have a backup of Outouiro and Azamibae ^.^ The last two, Sumidaidai and Azamibae are my faves. I wish Suqqu hadn't discontinued the Creamy Glow Moists either. I miss the old packaging so much!

^.^"
D.

Julia said...

Oh, I thought she had just quit blogging! Too bad we didn't get invited, her blog was great.

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Well, for all we know she might have really stopped blogging :(

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts