Saturday, September 15, 2018

Lipstick Queen Saint Lipsticks Part VI

During a sale last winter, I picked up backups for a few of my Lipstick Queen favorites, including Medieval in The Pretty Pair (Saint Pinky Nude went to mum-in-law), Bete Noire Possessed Sheer, and Butterfly Ball Moment. While at it I also spotted Saint Rust on sale and nabbed it since I don't have that color.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

A few months later, LQ released a new color in the Saint formula, Saint Plum, which I couldn't resist and bought it together with Mornin' Sunshine and Queen Bee.

- Saint Plum: translucent and shimmer-free purplish-wine. I feel a color in the range of plum should have some red, but this Saint Plum has lots of blue, more blue than Bete Noire Possessed Sheer. And just when I thought I'd never find another dark lip color that's as flattering on me as Possessed Sheer, LQ swept me off of my feet yet again. Look how gorgeous this is! Love love love!

Here are Saint Plum, Saint Wine, Butterfly Ball Goodbye, and Bete Noire Possessed Sheer. Next to Saint Plum, Saint Wine is very red, Goodbye turns brown even, and Possessed Sheer is sheerer, lighter, and has more violet.

Here are Saint Plum, Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Energy Noir, Lip Tint Moody, Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Sheer Shame, and Shame (both discontinued). Energy Noir appears to be similar to Possessed Sheer, so I'll have to do a comparison pic for these two later when I have time. Moody is totally red like Saint Wine, will have to pair these two also in the future. Sheer Shame and Shame are totally off on a violet tangent.

Here are Saint Plum, Addiction Lipstick Sheer 004 Cassis and 010 Amaranto, Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge WN-74 Cassis Wine, and Suqqu Extra Glow 107 宵葡萄 (Yoibudou) and Moisture Rich Lipstick 101 無花果 (Ichijiku). Next to Saint Plum, 004 Cassis is way plummier, 010 is way too purple, WN-74 Cassis Wine appears berry here, 107 Yoibudou makes me think of Bete Noire Possessed Intense, and 101 Ichijiku is sheerer and has more purple as well. After I took these pics I realized I'd forgotten another dark lipstick I love, RMK W Irresistible Lips 04 Deep Red, so I had to take another set of comparables on a different day (below), so the lighting might be different.

Here are Chicca Mesmeric Lipstick 35 Grape, RMK W Irresistible Lips 04 Deep Red, Saint Plum, Addiction Lipstick Sheer 010 Amaranto, and Suqqu Extra Glow 107 宵葡萄 (Yoibudou) and Moisture Rich Lipstick 101 無花果 (Ichijiku). Next to Saint Plum, 35 Grape is way too violet like Sheer Shame above and 04 Deep Red gains a bit of plum.

- Saint Rust: translucent and shimmer-free brown-orange that's among the more pigmented of Saint lipsticks. On my lips it shows more red, but the brown is still there. Very nice. I know Saint Plum above stole all the thunder from Saint Rust, but I do have a lot of similar color in this range also that I'll do comparables for when I have time. In fact, if I ever found myself bored without any new toys (and that's a big if, because I'm always running behind on posts these days...), I'll do comparables for all the lippies I own. Now that'd be a quite a project, wouldn't it?

See my previous posts:
See my other Saint Lipsticks:
- Saint Berry from Lips Nouveau
- Saint Coral from Spring Fling
- Saint Red from Red Carpet Edit
- Saint Nude, Saint Pink, and Saint Rose from Heaven Sent Trio
- Saint Pink again from Chic in Three Shade

2 comments:

kuri said...

BeautyKind has a sale so thinking of picking up Smitten and a backup of Medieval :D

D. said...

Hi Claire!

I have backups for them both also xD Good thing too, because I just finished another tube of Medieval.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts