Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm

This post is super late but better late than never. I was using this 99g/3.5oz. jar of Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm for a few weeks but in the end gave up and got rid of it.  


Let's start with good things about this cleansing balm: it smelled nice, like coconut oil. No polyethylene or mineral oil. Yeah, that was about all the good things there were with this cleansing balm.
 
As for the not-so-good things...
 
First, it was akin to me using lard as a cleansing balm. It was solid in the jar, and super thick and greasy on my face. It didn't "rinse" at all. Rather, the warm shower water "melted" it off, which took forever and left a thick film behind. This thick film might have been moisturizing and soothing but I was too annoyed by then to notice.
 
Second, I had to then "wash" the film off using a lot more of the follow-up foaming cleanser than I would have, which in turn dried out my skin. In effect, I was hitting myself in the head with a hammer and then taking a painkiller to dull the pain. So very stupid. 
 
Finally, an unintended consequence was that my bath tub and shower floor also got a greasy layer of film and grime. Yuck. No doubt the same build up happened further down the drain and the pipe, so I fear it might cause clogging later down the road.
 
After putting up with this "cleansing balm" for 3 weeks and got through about 2/3 jar, I gave up and scooped out the rest into the trash can. No thanks. Honestly, if I'm cool with using straight-up coconut oil to wash my face, why would I bother with this "cleansing balm"? Why not just buy a big jug of coconut oil and use that instead? It would be a lot cheaper and completely 100% natural. So no, I don't recommend this product. Try at your own risk.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts