Tuesday, December 14, 2021

DHC Lip Oil Essence

This DHC Lip Oil Essence x Disney packaging was a LE release in 2018. There were originally 3 colors: PK01 (Rapunzel), OR02 (Belle), and RD03 (Ariel) (see this Japanese blog post for more pictures). I got OR02 (Belle) as a cart filler and ended up loving it, and of course being a 3yr-old LE release it's no longer available anywhere T.T

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The 4g bottle is rather generous. Even the fuzzy doe-foot applicator is huge. However, it deposits exactly the right amount on my lips and I don't need to re-dip several times for more like I do with other liquid lippies. There's no scent whatsoever, and the Disney packaging is cute.

Of course, all these lip oils are really lip glosses in fancier names: this Lip Oil Essence looks and feels no different than a lip gloss, and a fantastic one at that. It's a jelly formula that's just the right thickness, and it's super smooth and moisturizing. And of course, it leaves a glossy finish, and it lasts for hours, though the shower and dinner even. The OR02 color looks potent in the bottle but goes on totally clear, which is why I didn't bother to swatch it. Dammit, I wish I could get my hands on the other 2 "colors" as well. Time to stalk e(vil)bay I guess?

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts