Saturday, December 3, 2011

Coffret D'Or Trance Deep Eyes

I finally got around to using my Coffret D'Or Trance Deep Eyes a few months ago and they've been out for ages!! These are my very first Coffret D'Or palettes, and I have 3 of them, 01 Rose Variation, 03 Khaki Green Variation, and 05 Beige Variation.

Picture taken in natural light without flash.

These come in sleek silver compacts with a bejeweled cross in the middle. Kind of funky, but pretty I guess. There is a mirror inside and 2 double-ended applicators, one end with a sponge tip and the other a brush. I bought a couple of these while at home and a third while here in Japan, so some pictures are taken indoor with flash and others in natural light without flash, which I will be sure to note.

Picture taken indoor with flash.

These Coffret D'Or eye shadows are finely milled, but I would say they're on the dry side in comparison to the buttery soft Maquillage eye shadows. Heck, they're not even as soft as the predecessors T'estimo that they're supposed to replace, not to mention their pigmentation is totally inconsistent! Very disgruntled. I do like their finish a lot though. They are shimmery, but the sparkles are not gawdy or garish. I especially love it that when looked at from a different angle or when the light hits, they give off a glistening effect, very much like the "wet" sheen from the Etude House Orgel Light Eyes in 04 Peach Brown. The difference is that unlike the Etude House, this glistening wet effect does not go away with layering. Quite the opposite, it gets more noticeable when layered, which means if I want to tone it down, I shouldn't layer. Though I love my sparklies and so I layer all the time xP

01 Rose Variation. The 3 pictures below were taken in natural light with flash.


- 01 Rose Variation: I like this combo, but it's not my favorite. It's a tad warm, leaning towards the berry-violet end of the spectrum. I guess I was hoping for something cooler along the line of the T'estimo Layered Impact Eyes 05 Rose, so I got my hopes up only to be slightly let down. And I'm only slightly disappointed because the palette is really pretty, just not what I expected it to be. Perhaps I shouldn't have come into this relationship with any expectations to begin with ^.^

- Top left: highlighter, shimmer, low intensity. An innocuous ivory. 
- Top right: medium crease shade, shimmer, low intensity. A translucent pale dusty rose. This is the shade that gives off the pretty glistening sheen. Though it is pretty sheer for a crease shade, so I have to layer a couple of times, and that's saying something, given the fact that I like my makeup sheer to begin with!
- Bottom right: liner shade, satin, low intensity. Looks like a deep egg plant in the pan but goes on more like a deep plum with more red rather than blue. It has very fine shimmers with a satin finish, not matte but not shimmery either. Unfortunately, it's also quite sheer for a liner shade. The swatch below has been layered, so yeah, lining my eyes with this requires layering too. 
- Bottom left: sparkly finishing wash, high shimmer, low intensity. A very shimmery cloud pink. And funny enough, this shade is just as pigmented as the liner shade, so I go at it with a light hand to avoid blinding my teacher LOL!


03 Khaki Green Variation. The below 2 pictures were taken indoor with flash.

03 Khaki Green Variation: this combo is probably the most pigmented one out of the 3 Trance Deep Eyes palettes, especially that medium crease shade! Also, the colors goes on darker than they appear in the pan.

- Top left: highlighter, shimmer, low intensity. A pale buttery yellow that's a tad more opaque than the ivory in the 01 Rose Variation. Thank goodness it's not frosty though, at least not on me.
- Top right: medium crease shade, medium intensity. A leafy green with gold shimmers and as you can see in the swatch, it's pigmented!
- Lower right: liner shade, satin, low intensity. This is a deep forest green that's between low and medium intensity, so I rounded it down to low intensity ^.^
- Lower left: sparkly finishing wash, high shimmer, low intensity. A very sparkly and pretty beige.

Picture taken in natural light without flash.

05 Beige Variation. The below 2 pictures were taken indoor with flash.

05 Beige Variation: I'm not sure why they call this a beige variation because it's definitely a neutral taupe variation to me ^.^ This combo is on the sheerer side just the 01 Rose Variation, with the exception of the the liner shade. Yep, this particular liner shade is the most pigmented out of the 3 palettes! These colors also goes on darker than they appear in the pan.

- Top left: highlighter, shimmer, low intensity. A pretty ochre that has a bit more opacity like the pale buttery yellow in the 03 Khaki Green Variation. Although again it's not frosty. Phew!
- Top right: medium crease shade, shimmer, low intensity. A pretty grayish taupe that's unfortunately sheer like the pale dusty rose in 01 Rose Variation. This color also gives off that glistening effect that can be intensified when layered.
- Lower right: liner shade, satin, high intensity. A taupey brown that's really pigmented, perfect for lining my eyes with!
- Lower left: sparkly finishing wash, high shimmer, very sheer. A pretty pink beige. The sheerness of this top wash is really right on and exactly how it should be!

Picture taken in natural light without flash.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts