Thursday, January 5, 2012

Caudalie Lip Conditioner

Approaching the holidays, Caudalie had some nice promotions and so that was my excuse to try a few things I've been curious about but too cheap to shell out the big bucks. I ended up getting the Beauty From The Vine Set as stocking stuffer for my mum and the Limited Edition Favorites Collection for myself ^.^ I have been using the items from the Favorites Collection but am only reviewing the Lip Conditioner today.

The Beauty From The Vine Set includes a 75mL/2.5 fl oz. tube of Hand and Nail Cream and a Lip Conditioner.

The Limited Edition Favorites Collection includes another 75mL/2.5 fl oz. tube of Hand and Nail Cream, a 50 mL/ 1.7 fl oz. Instant Foaming Cleanser, a 30 mL/1 fl oz. Beauty Elixir (will review soon), and also a Lip Conditioner.

For my purchase, I got a 200 mL/ 6.7 fl oz. bottle of Cleansing Water and a couple deluxe samples of Premier Cru, which is Caudalie's premium product line, as GWP. It was a damn nice promotion I'd say! 

I didn't know what to expect with this Lip Conditioner actually! From the packaging, it reminds me of a couple others, Boscia Jujube Salve Stick and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Lip Protectant SPF 15. The Elizabeth Arden one I had reviewed way back in 2008 and never repurchased, but the Boscia one I'd used up a few tubes now during all my travels but keep forgetting to review! I'll have to see if I can find the last tube somewhere in my travel bags and put up a post soon.

Anyway, upon opening up this Caudalie Lip Conditioner, I thought, "Oh sh*t..." It looks just like the waxy and stinky craptastic piece of junk that was the L'Occitane Shea Butter Lip Balm Stick, well, minus the stinky part. Don't worry, this Lip Conditioner smells decent, like an herbal balm with traces of shea butter and vanilla. Either way, I was kicking myself then for not trying before deciding on it as a stocking stuffer and dreading my mum's lecture on impulse buying. And then I actually tried it and it turns out to be quite nice. Phew! ^.^'

Yes, this Lip Conditioner has replaced my last nearly used up Boscia Jujube Salve Stick in my travel bags. And when I say travel bags, I mean the carry on tote and a smaller shoulder purse that I take on the plane with me. The carry on tote holds my ancient MacBook Pro and (not ancient) travel toiletries, and the small shoulder purse holds only the most critical items such as lip balm, hand sanitizer, tissues, gum, in addition to other things like the shuffle, my wallet, and my passport. For sanitary reasons, the lip balm that goes into this shoulder purse has to be in a finger-free twist up tube. And since I'm on the plane where it's dry and dehydrating but at the same time stuffy and linty, this lip balm tube also has to have the perfect balance between waxy and moisturizing. It can't be too waxy because then my lips will dry out, but it can't be too oily either because then my lips will become a lint trap (lip glosses on the plane? Ick, no can do!). 

So there you have it, a wax-based lip balm that's just right and moisturizing. It's thick and smooth and lasts for good while too. I'm very pleased with it, even as I admit it's really just a lip balm glorified via the price tag of $12. That's why I won't stock up until a good promotion comes along :P

Caudalie Lip Conditioner:
HELIANTHUS ANNUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL*, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX*, CETYL PALMITATE*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER EXTRACT*, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX*, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX*, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL*, CETEARYL ALCOHOL*, CETYL ALCOHOL*, PALMITIC ACID*, STEARIC ACID*, HYDROGENATED OLIVE OIL STEARYL ESTERS *, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL*, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT*, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL*, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE*, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE*, GLYCERYL OLEATE, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CITRIC ACID. (FSS07297) *Origine végétale - Plant origin
***List of ingredients from Caudalie USA.

2 comments:

??? said...

i have the same hand and nail cream, and i really like it, its very hydrating, but without the sticking part...but ive tried their skin care at sephora, and tp my surprise im allergic to it...>_<hope they all works well for you.


Jessy
threenothing.blogspot.com

D. said...

Hi Jessy,

Oh oh, sorry to hear that! I've only tried a few of their things and thank goodness my skin didn't react...or not yet... :X I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading.
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts