Saturday, September 25, 2010

Caudalie Vinotherapie Hand and Nail Cream

After my ho-hum experience with Caudalie Nourishing Body Lotion, I'll be honest but my expectations for this Vinotherapie Hand and Nail Cream weren't too high at all. And then I spotted it in this really nice set called Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa in a Box and the rest of my logic and reasons went down the rabbit hole. What the hell, why not, right?

The Vinotherapie Spa in a Box includes an interesting selection of items, smaller travel sizes of course but I prefer smaller packagings anyway. It retails for only $22 and considering the full size Hand and Nail Cream itself is already $19, $22 is not a bad deal.

- Crushed Cabernet Scrub 50mL/1.6oz. - in an adorable container, by the way!
- Hand and Nail Cream 75mL/2.5oz. - full size!
- Vine Peach Shower Gel 30mL/1oz.
- Fleur De Vigne French-Milled Soap 25g/0.83oz. - itty bitty, the size of a guest soap, but I love it all the more! So cute!!!
- Nourishing Body Lotion 30mL/1oz. - meh :/

I'm actually really excited about trying the majority of items in this set, which is quite rare since a lot of the time I'm buying a whole set for just a couple of items, sort of like buying a CD for the couple of songs I like on it.

Let's see, the Cabernet Scrub looks great as it contains crushed grape seeds, brown sugar, and honey. Best's of all it's in this cutest air tight container that I'm totally going to save ^.^ And of course I wanted to try Hand and Nail Cream, which was why I bought this set to begin with. The Vine Peach Shower Gel looks interesting, and you already know I'm a soap freak so the Fleur De Vigne French-Milled Soap is the cherry on top for me. So out of the whole set, the Nourishing Body Lotion is the only item I'm not too thrilled about, which is not really a problem considering the others.

- Caudalie Vinotherapie Hand and Nail Cream: I think I might have to go back and buy another one of this Spa in a Box actually. This Hand and Nail Cream totally surprised me and I'd have to say it's quite good! It's got a thick and creamy texture but at the same time isn't greasy and absorbs rather quickly. I would have prefer it to be lighter and still effective like LostRiverRags' Goats Milk Hand & Body Lotion, but I know I can't have my cake and eat it too, so I won't complain here.

My hands and feet (yep, used it for my feet too!) were very soft afterwards and they stayed soft for the a long time despite my repeated hand washing after various chores around the house. It's gotten rid of my dry and cracked heels, believe it or not. The humidity here probably helped a lot, but hey, it was humid in Jersey too and I still got a bit of cracked heels during the summer despite foot creams and whatnot. It smells nice too, like a citrusy orange and cream and not too strong. I'm already half way through my tube and it's time to get backups ASAP!

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream:
AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN*, CETEARYL ALCOHOL*, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL*, GLYCERYL STEARATE*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) EXTRACT*, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE*, DIMETHICONE, SODIUM CETEARYL SULFATE*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL*, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT*, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PHYTOSTEROLS*, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARBOMER, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL*, SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETAGLUCAN, TOCOPHEROL*, SORBITAN OLEATE*, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, GERANIOL.(061/055) *Origine végétale - Plant origin
***List of ingredients from Caudalie USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts