Monday, July 2, 2012

More desserts at Denny's Part V

Yeah, more Denny's ^.^ although this time around I wasn't too excited about their seasonal dessert offerings. It's that time of the year folks, you know, when every freakin' thing comes in matcha flavor! Don't get me wrong, I love matcha. What I don't love is how they love to pair matcha with anko. I am not a fan of anko. At all. It's so, very, extremely, sweet. See how the 3 out of 4 dessert items has anko in it? And that's only because I can't see much of the 4th item, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was anko in the middle of that matcha cake-looking thing in the ceramic baking cup. 

***Picture from Denny's Japan.


But everything else was great! During the summer, they would put cold noodle soups on the menu like this cold Korean style vermicelli soup with kimchi that is paired with a mini beef calbi don. Not the most delicious thing I've ever had, but it was decently tasty! And it was interesting to be switching back and forth between cold and hot food ^.^

Hubby tried the seasonal update of the hamburger (it's really a meat loaf) with melted mozzarella on top.

For dessert, he gamely ordered the fudge browny that comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a chocolate milk pudding. I only had a bowl of fresh cut fruits in coconut milk and yogurt sauce with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and kiwi sherbet, which was surprisingly satisfying. Now I have a backup dessert in case I don't like the seasonal sundaes ^.^

See my previous posts:
More desserts at Denny's
More desserts at Denny's Part II
More desserts at Denny's Part III
More desserts at Denny's Part IV

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts