These RMK Irresistible Glow Lips were really what I was looking forward to trying, though the one Irresistible Bright Lips I got was decent too. It was much easier for me to pick out colors from the Glow line, because these are supposedly more translucent and less pigmented. I went with 01 Cherry Red (obviously!), 06 Red Brown Beige, 12 Mix Berry Rose, EX-08 Nude Pink, and EX-09 Nude Rose.
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
These come in the same lightweight silver metallic tubes as the Brights, only slightly slimmer and much taller, practically the same size as Lunasol.
Bright (left) versus Glow (right) Lips packaging.
Bright versus Glow versus Lunasol packaging.
As expected, these Glow Lips are clear winners for me ^.^ A couple of them are jellies (01 Cherry Red and EX-09 Nude Rose), not too thick and not too thin, slightly balmy with translucent and shimmer free colors that go on super smooth and even. The other two (06 Red Brown Beige and 12 Mix Berry Rose) are loaded with shimmers which make them a touch gritty on my lips, but nothing unbearable. All five colors are very moisturizing and leave a glossy shine. Love!
- 01 Cherry Red: gorgeous bright coral-red that's basically a more pigmented version of Coffret D'Or Rouge Essence RD-198. Absolutely love it for the shimmer-free and translucency!
CD Rouge Essence RD-198 versus 01 Cherry Red.
More comparisons of corals and coral-reds, from left to right: Coffret D'Or Premium Stay Rouge RD-215 and PK-289, Rouge Essence RD-198, this 01 Cherry Red, Maquillage Dramatic Melting Rouge PK433 Pink Joker, and Suqqu Bright Up Lipstick 08 澄橙 Sumidaidai. Clickable = zoomable.
- 06 Red Brown Beige: sadly, this color happens to be the biggest disappointment. I thought I was getting this lovely deep burgundy but turns out the stock photo on Selfridges UK online was utterly wrong--they posted EX-06 from the Fall 2015 Urban Gold Collection (see Citrine's review) instead of the actual 06 Red Brown Beige from the permanent lineup. Yes, I emailed their customer service and got a reply saying they'll change it, but months later and the wrong picture's still up. I wonder how many people was fooled like I was, and I can't return it because it the hefty return shipping fee just isn't worth the hassle. Boo. Hiss.
***Screencap from Selfridges UK online.
But other than that, the color I received is actually quite pretty, a translucent, almost transparent, pinky nude beige with peach and pink shimmers that leave a golden sheen. It's actually really flattering on so I don't hate it, just that it wasn't at all what I expected.
- 12 Mix Berry Rose: a translucent raspberry with violet and periwinkle shimmers that leave a beautiful violet sheen. The tube looks very wine but the color applies with more red on my lips. This is my second favorite color after 01 Cherry Red above.
- EX-08 Nude Pink: I opened up this tube and thought, crap, it's a milky and opaque bubblegum pink. Then I tried it on and, phew, the slight milkiness quickly adapts to my lips and becomes semi-translucent. And it's a shimmer-free petal pink that leans warm, not bubblegum pink. Dodged that bullet!
- EX-09 Nude Rose: With EX-08 Nude Pink above being slightly milky and turns semi-translucent on my lips, I expected this EX-09 Nude Rose to be the same. To my pleasant surprise, this is a pretty translucent lotus pink, a cool pink with some violet. The tube looks a lot more violet, but it applies with more pink on my lips.
From left to right: 01 Cherry Red, 06 Red Brown Beige (does this look like a deep burgundy to you? Urgh.), 12 Mix Berry Rose, EX-08 Nude Pink, and EX-09 Rude Rose. I'm eyeing 02 Baby Pink and 11 Innocent Pink next but will wait for now.