Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Neogen Dermalogy Real Flower Cleansing Water

Been using this 280.6g/9.9fl. oz. bottle of Neogen Dermalogy Real Flower Cleansing Water Calendula off and on for the past year so here's a review for it, finally.



Around last spring I went through a cleansing water kick and picked up half a dozen different bottles to try. I'd used a cleansing water before--Caudalie Cleansing Water, way back in 2011 (link is to an updated post last April). Before moving to Tokyo in 2015, I tried the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup-up Removing Micelle Solution, the very one that set off this whole cleansing water craze. Still, I didn't care much for this type of cleanser. I wear waterproof sunscreen on a daily basis that requires a cleansing oil to remove thoroughly, and even then I follow up with another mild foaming cleanser just to make sure. So a cleansing water wasn't cutting it for me.

Then came baby and I was afraid the waterproof sunscreen on my face would rub off on his fragile skin. Every time I went out and put on sunscreen, I used a cleansing water as soon as I came home. I didn't have time to go through the whole cleansing oil and follow up cleanser until the shower later at night, so the cleansing water was my "first pass" to ensure I could cuddle with my little one without smearing stuff all over him.

This Neogen cleansing water is pleasant to use. It's a cloudy water with calendula petals floating in it. There's a nice, soft, and feminine fragrance that veers on the side of Korean-aunty but I like it :P (I'm quickly getting to aunty-age anyway--ha!). Apparently this can be used as a cleansing water or toner, but so far I haven't tried it as a toner. Also, I rinse my face after using (because I use it as a sunscreen "first pass" to begin with) and there's no instructions for or against rinsing otherwise. However, my skin does feel dry and taut afterwards, probably because of the rinsing. I might try this as a toner during the summer. Will update then. 

There's also a Rose version with pretty rose petals, and while I'm curious to try it I probably won't. Now that my little one is turning two, his skin isn't as fragile as it was when he was an infant. He's started to wear his own sunscreen now that the sun's coming out, which gave me a reason to go nuts buying a dozen different Japanese brands to try ^.^" Will post these later.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts