Monday, June 17, 2019

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Heavenly Night Cream

Last winter, a reader, Caty, surprised me with the most jaw-dropping care package ever with a few full sizes and two giant bags of Sisley and La Mer samples (thank you SO much, Caty!). Among the goodies was a set of 50g/1.7oz. full size Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Heavenly Night Cream and a smaller 28g/1oz of the accompanying Beautiful Day Cream (will post next). 


To be honest, I don't buy any of the "rose stem cells" BS they peddled here. When it comes to day or night creams, I don't care for any bells and whistles. All I wanted was something moisturizing to move on with after I finished up my tube of Clarins Multi-Active Night. This Andalou Naturals cream does just that.

Despite all the scientific-sounding wand-waving, this is a pretty straight forward cream: creamy and moisturizing, exactly what I wanted. Being a night cream, it actually isn't as thick or as moisturizing as the Estee Lauder Nutritious Vitality8 Radiant Moisture Creme, a day cream, but it's working for the current weather. I'll definitely need something thicker for the cold and dry seasons for sure, but I'm enjoying this now. 

This night cream is scented with a nice coconut-y rose fragrance. It's not too flowery and it isn't at all sweet. I'm not crazy about the fragrance (did I tell you I wanted to bathe in the Clarins Water Comfort One-Step Cleanser? That is a well-scented product!), but I like it enough to keep using. And interestingly, the fragrance is milder in the night cream than in the day cream, not sure why.

Overall, I'm happy to know there's a cream out there I could fall back on in a pinch, and I say a pinch because there are already a few creams that I always hoard keep on hands now: Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (bought tubes of it to slather on whenever my skin throws a tantrum), First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (this stuff works for me and my toddler, enough said), and Boiron Homeoplasmine Ointment (yes, I have used this stuff as a facial balm and what do you know, it works!).

Here are the rest of the amazing goodies Caty sent me. Can't wait to try them all! See that Maquillage lippie there? Will get to it as soon as I catch up with my photos (still lag behind in October 2018, which makes me officially 8 months behind on pictures *face palms*).

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts