Saturday, November 9, 2019

Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion

A month into occasional use (may be every other night?) of this 300mL/10.14fl. oz. bottle of Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion for my little boy and I had to switch it out for the 236mL/8fl. oz. bottle of First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion instead (will review later). The Mustela lotion was from this Bathtime Essentials Gift Set I bought a Nordstrom Anniversary Sale some time ago.


This lotion is quite lovely. It comes out of the pump almost a gel-cream. It goes on clean and gets absorbed quickly, leaving behind no residue or greasiness. It's decently moisturizing too. In fact, I'd say it's more moisturizing than both Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. The latter two had a thinner formula that provides light moisture more suited for the summer. Whereas I'm using Mustela on my arms and legs right now and it's been more than adequate!

So why did I stop using this Mustela lotion on my little guy and swap it out for First Aid Beauty instead? Because of the damn, freakin' scent. It boggles my mind that a product meant for babies and children could be so, so, so strongly scented, and I'm not talking about some innocuous powder or milk fragrance.

First of all, babies and children don't need any scented product. They have their own smell, and unless they're covered in vomit or poo, I'm willing to bet they smell pretty good. That's what babies and kids are excellent at, making you want to cuddle and snuggle and sniff sniff sniff them. And you know what, exclusively breastfed babies wouldn't be stinky even if they were covered in vomit or poo. Their vomit and poo just aren't as foul until their diet expands beyond breast milk. Fact, folks. So why on earth would anyone mask a baby's lovely natural scent with strong perfume?

Sure, I'd used Foam Shampoo for Newborns to wash my little guy's fine hair for the first year of his life. When we ran out of that, I started using Gentle Cleansing Gel on him and so far so good. Both of these hair products had the same scent as the above body lotion and yet I didn't mind either. I think the difference was that you wash off a shampoo and you leave on a body lotion. So despite the two shampoos having the same scent, they didn't linger for too long. Whereas this body lotion is even stronger scented and being a lotion, the scent stays on and on and on. In the end, I couldn't stand it anymore and swapped it out for something less intrusive, the unscented FAB lotion that's just as moisturizing. So yeah, I probably won't purchase another Mustela lotion unless it's for my own use ^.^"

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts