Thursday, November 14, 2019

Celvoke Voluntary Eye Palette Part II

Last fall, I stumbled upon this Celvoke Voluntary Eye Palette 06 Purple deeply discounted via Rakuten JP. It was neither used nor an auctioned item but was only 3,780yen after tax and shipping, and being a 2017 holiday release, it wasn't ancient, at least for me, so I snatched it up without a second thought ^.^

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Being a discontinued Voluntary Eye Palette, three out of four colors were taken from their Voluntary Eye singles and only one pan was unique, versus the newer Voluntary Basis Eye Palettes with all four unique colors in each palette. Luckily, I'd stopped buying the singles because they weren't any better (or different!) than the Addiction ones, which means no overlapping like the 07 Tan in palette 05 Brown. Phew!

- 06 Purple: a smokey purple/gray palette with colors that look way lighter in the pan than when swatched. For example, I was disappointed when I first saw that LE color (bottom left), because it looked so pale and not really that different than the 04 Lavender Gray (top left). But then it was much darker when swatched.

Clockwise from top left:
- 04 Lavender Gray, lid: semi-metallic, medium intensity. This color shows a bit of pink in the pan, but I wouldn't call it lavender. On the back of my hand, even the pink is gone and what I get is a pale greige. So there's no lavender in this Lavender Gray in my humble opinion.
- 21 Deep Blue, deep/liner: shimmer, medium intensity. Looks like a denim blue in the pan but swatched more of a navy. In theory this color should be really pigmented, but there's a translucency that keeps it at medium intensity. I can still line with it, so no complaints here.
- 02 Matte Gray, deep/crease: satin, medium intensity. Gray? Yes. Matte? No. There's a satiny sheen to it so it's not matte to me, which happens to be a good thing because a truly matte gray would be muddy on my lids. When I bought this palette, I didn't really look into what shades it has, because had I read that it has a matte gray pan, I might not have made the purchase and would have missed out on these pretty colors.
- LE color Lavender, medium/crease: shimmer, medium intensity. A pretty and sparkly dusty lavender that makes a really pretty crease shade.

See my previous Celvoke Voluntary Eye Palette post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts