Sunday, November 3, 2019

Chifure Lipstick

This Chifure Lipstick in the color 549 is the last of the lippies Julia sent in her huge care package last fall. Goodness gracious, I feel spoiled ^.^"

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Julia mentioned she picked this up because she'd read that it's super popular. I can see why too: it's unscented and is a thinner but balmy and comfortable formula. For all of 400yen for the refill bullet (the case is available for just 220yen more!), it's surprisingly pigmented with a satin finish, at least that's how it is for this color. However, it's also the lippie I reach for the least out of all the goodies Julia sent, precisely because it's too pigmented. When I do wear it, I dab it over lip balm to sheer it out. If you want some color, this won't disappoint, neither will it hurt your wallet.

- 549: a neutral blood red with shimmers so fine they give a satiny sheen. Very pretty, but also very pigmented. The swatch below is a single swipe, and a single swipe will give me full coverage.

From left to right: Rohto Lip The Color Precious Red, Mentholatum Lip Fondue Orange Marmalade, Cezanne Lasting Gloss Lip RD1, and Chifure Lipstick 549. I accidentally swatched the Lip Fondue and the Cezanne out of order, woops.

4 comments:

Julia said...

I really did buy this because it was so popular it was sold out everywhere for a while, but I haven't once worn it outside the house because it looks ridiculous on me. I'm very pale (I highlight with pure white, for example) and this makes me look like I want to audition for Twilight lololol
I bought another color, a coral type, that looks like too much spaghetti sauce on my lips. That, too, was advertised as super popular due to being "the perfect color for job hunting", but I guess my coloring just doesn't work with popular Chifure lipsticks.

Have you tried the Little Lady lipsticks? They look like my old favorite from Lavshuca, but I can't find a lot about them.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0746N7WQP/?coliid=I2CWZ1I20ZV3O9&colid=38UZEK68HVZHV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Chifure is a nice lipstick. I thought the color is nice too! Just too opaque and pigmented for me. Is the coral color any sheerer? I'm surprised that it's a popular color for job hunting because I thought job hunting makeup is all about being understated but put-together, and wouldn't an opaque and pigmented lipstick stand out too much?

I haven't tried this Little Lady lippie. Have you? They sure look intriguing! I like that the color lineup is simple enough.

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

The coral is not necessarily very sheer, just less of an impactful color. It's like that type of creamy lipstick previous generations of women used to wear a lot?

I haven't tried it either, but it's been tempting me! Then again, I have so many lipsticks and don't need to buy more...

D. said...

Me too, so I'll refrain, especially when you've been spoiling me with all these lippies and other goodies ^.^

Hugs,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts