Thursday, October 31, 2019

Cezanne Lasting Gloss Lip

Even more hits--the fourth one!--from Julia's giant care package from last fall was this Cezanne Lasting Gloss Lip in RD1, and I liked it so much I went and bought a few more colors from Rakuten JP! Can't thank you enough for introducing me to all these new lippie-loves, Julia!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

One of the things I like best about this Cezanne lipstick is the packaging. Yes, it's plastic, but it doesn't feel at all cheap. In fact, it's pretty weighty and substantial in my hand. Yes, it's a regular lipstick size, but it looks sleek and clean, thanks to the clear cap and outer case of the bullet. Can you believe these lippies retail for all of some 600yen? I got my other colors for 480yen each! In contrast, higher end lippies like Decorte and Addiction retail for some 3,000-3,200yen a piece and their packaging is just offensively fugly.

And you know what's crazier? Cezanne has a formula that rivals Decorte and Addiction as well. In fact, the moment I tried it on, I immediately hopped up to get a tube of Chicca Mesmeric Lipstick for comparison. I applied Cezanne to one side of my lips, top and bottom, and Chicca on the other side. What do you know, they feel almost identical, with Chicca being slightly thinner, slipperier, and meltier. They even have the similar pigmentation level, with Cezanne being a touch more pigmented actually! And yet Chicca retails for some 3,800yen plus tax, more than six times Cezanne's! Can someone please explain this to me, because I sure don't get it. In the meantime, if you're feeling sad Chicca's going away, don't be. Unless you're really attached to Chicca's packaging, give Cezanne a try.

- RD1: a warm, shimmer-free red. For some reason, this swatched sheerer on the back of my hand than on my lips, where the color shows really well. Love it!

From left to right: Rohto Lip The Color Precious Red, Mentholatum Lip Fondue Orange Marmalade, Cezanne Lasting Gloss Lip RD1, and Chifure Lipstick 549. I accidentally swatched the Lip Fondue and the Cezanne out of order, woops. Either way, will review the latter three next.

6 comments:

Julia said...

I was starting to wonder whether you were praising all these lipsticks because you were afraid of offending me, but if you actually went and bought more, maybe our tastes just really align! That said, if you ever hate anything I send you, please feel free to say it - I actually want to know!

Also, this is not warm on me, but pretty neutral, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. Hmmmm...

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Not at all. You'll see my post for the Chifure lippie soon. It's not my jam--too opaque and pigmented. But everything else you've sent was AWESOME and I love them!

Interesting that this RD1 is neutral on you. I paired Cexamme with Chicca Mesmeric Lipstick 06 Lucent Red and Cezanne was waaay warmer! May be it's all that yellow in my skin tone ^.^"

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

That's good! The Chifure didn't work for me either, so maybe our tastes just do align.
Btw, it looks like this Cezanne highlighter will top this year's @cosme charts - are you interested?
https://www.cosme.net/product/product_id/10157971/top

D. said...

Hey Julia,

I think our tastes are similar too, even with some of the teas.

Wow, the Cezanne (and I just noticed the glaring typo in my previous comments xD Woops!) highlighter does look attractive, but you know what, these days I'm just happy to have time to swipe on some lippies (which is why I buy so many of them ^.^"). Any eye shadow at all is bonus, so even if you were to get this highlighter for me I won't have time to touch it, which would be a terrible waste. So thank you SO much but I'll pass. May be in a few years when my little guy is older and at school and I won't be so crazy busy hahaha

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

That reminds me - a friend is asking me for Ronnefeldt tea so I have to go when I next return home; is there anything you want?

I totally get it! These days it's concealer, eyebrows, blush, mascara and lipstick for me, mostly because I work on a construction site and stuff rubs off under the safety glasses, but also because I hate getting up even earlier.

D. said...

Thank you, Julia! Unless you have another recommendation like Morgentau I think I'm set (I bought a pound of Morgentau and am working through it right now ^.^).

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts