Monday, May 20, 2019

Chicca Mesmeric Lipstick Part II

I really liked the Chicca Mesmeric Lipsticks I have and picked up another four colors late last year: 23 Garnet, 39 Carnation, 40 Rose & Love, and 41 Red Blueberry.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


The good news is that both the formula and packaging quality remain the same: tube is weighty and doesn't feel cheap, formula is thin but not too slippery, super comfortable and moisturizing on my lips, with a very glossy finish. The not so great news is that three of four colors are way too similar, and among them two are almost indistinguishable even in natural light =.="


Don't get me wrong, they're totally my kind of colors, all are along the orange-coral-red-berry spectrum. Sure, I have many similar lipsticks from multiple different brands, but there's something annoying about the same colors being recycled over and over in the same product of the same brand. I couldn't help feeling tricked when I thought I bought two different lipsticks and they turned out to be the same darn color (cough--Maquillage--cough!). And I get so tired of seeing the same colors over and over in different eye palettes (Suqqu Designing Color Eyes LE 114 花明 Hanaakari and the most recent LE 125 洸惚 Hikaribore--which I skipped, by the way). So yeah, no more Chicca lipsticks for me unless they release something really different.

- 23 Garnet: shimmer-free and warm-leaning pinkish red.

- 39 Carnation: shimmer free and very slightly warmer pinkish red if I'm splitting hair (*roll eyes*).

- 40 Rose & Love: shimmer-free pink-leaning coral and not at all rose.


- 41 Red Blueberry: a blue-based red with fine violet shimmers that don't show.

From left to right: 23 Garnet, 39 Carnation, 40 Rose & Love, and 41 Red Blueberry.

See my previous Chicca Mesmeric Lipstick post.

4 comments:

Citrine said...

Yeah they really do look more or less the same, I got rose red and it's a bit repetitive already...I wish I picked up an orange last time I visited (but then I hated ginza mitsukoshi/just the vibe).

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Interesting that you hated Ginza Mitsukoshi--does it have anything to do with the fact that the majority of the sales ladies at the makeup counters were Chinese-speakers? I loved that place and went there all the time, but I definitely got really annoyed with these ladies because they can be rude sometimes, especially once they realized I wasn't Japanese and didn't speak Japanese >.<"

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

No I didn't bump into any Chinese speaker last time! The Japanese ladies at Chicca probably just assumed I am a fruit farmer from Yamanashi or something....I just don't like department store and walking around ginza. I think I just hate area with too many people....

I think the Chinese would have judged me just the same since I dont dress like their regular clientele...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

You walk around NYC all the time but you hate crowded places? LOL! But yeah I hear you. They treat me the same way, with disdain and contempt, but I didn't care. I wasn't there for them anyhow :P

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts