Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Mentholatum Lip Fondue

Aside from Kiss Cream Sheer Rouge and Rohto Lip The Color, yet a third hit from Julia's enormous care package last fall was this Mentholatum Lip Fondue in Marmalade Orange.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This is straight up a lip balm, and a really good one at that. Actually, I shouldn't call it a lip balm as it's more like a balmy lip gloss in a twist up tube. It's thick but not sticky or gummy, buttery smooth, very moisturizing, and extremely glossy. How come they don't make glosses like this? I'd totally wear it! This is another one of those single-application twist-up. The lip "balm" is so soft it'll get crushed if I twist up any more than a millimeter, and the twisting mechanism doesn't retract.

- Marmalade Orange: despite the color, this applies totally transparent and shimmer free. If I were to wipe it off with a tissue, the tissue will come away with a slight tint of orange. This is the only reason I'm not wearing it to bed, so this stick lives in my bag for now ^.^ Love!

From left to right: Rohto Lip The Color Precious Red, Mentholatum Lip Fondue Orange Marmalade, Cezanne Lasting Gloss Lip RD1, and Chifure Lipstick 549. I accidentally swatched the Lip Fondue and the Cezanne out of order, woops.

6 comments:

Julia said...

There's a clear version I used to wear to bed! Although I guess it might leave the covers a bit sticky. (I actually wear the German lipbalm I sent you to bed - have been for years.)
Would you like the clear version? There's also a new glittery version, I see, and a pearly one. And a dark type to make your lipstick vampier? I personally have Scarlett Pink flying around in my work bag, and used to love the untinted lavender scented type for nights, as I mentioned above, but it looks like that one doesn't exist anymore.

D. said...

Hey Julia,

I'll definitely try the German lip balms you sent first since you said you've been wearing it to bed for years. If that doesn't work out, then I'll come back for the clear versions of this Lip Fondue. You really do spoil me xD

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Just let me know! Also, I'll look out for other interesting lip stuff in Germany. Do you get Catrice in the US?

D. said...

Thank you Julia!

Catrice isn't available at US drugstores but the brand is popular enough that I can get them on Amazon or, at worst, e(vil)bay for a reasonable price. In fact, I've reviewed several of Catrice blushes a few years ago! But these days the only blushes I consistently use is Canmake Cream Cheek, because it's so quick and easy, so I might bug you about Canmake LE items in the future LOL

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

I see! I was just thinking you might like some, especially since a lot of the reviews of good items are in German, so I have an easier time finding the gems lol.
And sure, anything you want from Canmake?

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Right now I'm good with Canmake but the brand does release nice LE items that sometimes take a whole year to make it overseas, so I'll definitely bug you then ^.^ THANK YOU!!!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts