Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Suqqu Clear Neon Lipstick

This year, my interest in Suqqu's new releases dropped substantially. They released new and different color combos and all were great, but funny enough none really spoke to me. This whole year, I bought only two new things from Suqqu, summer's LE release Clear Neon Lipstick in 101 潤赤 (Urumiaka) and the UK LE fall quad (not the big 8-pan).

Don't get me wrong, I definitely bought other Suqqu items, but they were all from past collections, including a superb lucky find of Creamy Glow Lipstick 17 Ichijiku (will review next), even though the outer box was destroyed during shipping. Call me silly, but I kept finding myself looking back and reminiscing on older stuff ^.^ 

Clear Neon Lipstick 101 and Creamy Glow Lipstick 17 Ichijiku. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This Clear Neon Lipstick has the same packaging as Extra Glow Lipsticks, with a brushed metal red (for 101) and pink (for 102) base handle instead of the shiny gold. While I'm not crazy over the Extra Glow Lipstick packaging, I actually like this packaging. I think the brushed metal makes it less shiny and obnoxious, and the red (and/or pink) is striking.

Otherwise, this is pretty much a tinted lip balm, and I don't mean tint in the Japanese sense--this does *not* stain. The formula is very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips and with a glossy finish, totally something I would carry in my bag.

- 101 潤赤 (Urumiaka): don't let the bright hot pink bullet fool you. There's really just a hint of pink on the back of my hand. This hint of pink shows up better on my lips, but I still wouldn't call it a lipstick by any means. This is why I added the label "lip treatment" to this post, and this is already the "darker" one of the two. 102 is even lighter and, according to what I've seen of online swatches, applies pretty much clear. In the swatch picture below, the dark red right swatch is of Creamy Glow Lipstick 17 Ichijiku, which I'll review next.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts