Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk

I was really frustrated with my dry skin lately as my cheeks and chin were flaking and peeling constantly. When I complained to my hubby, he said, "Your cleanser might have been too harsh?"

Now why didn't I think of that? I had been using Etude House Happy Tea Time Cleansing Foam Peach Tea in conjunction with The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash, the peach tea one at night and the aloe one in the morning since it's milder. The peach tea one has been a great cleanser, but I've forgotten that it's now winter, and although it's not desert dry like winter at home, it's still pretty dry, especially with the heat running constantly. In short, perhaps the peach tea cleanser might have been a tad too harsh for use right now, just like hubby said! I immediately switched the aloe cleanser to night use and have been using The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk in the morning instead.



This Cucumber Cleansing Milk is actually not a cleansing milk, it's a cleansing cream. It's definitely not a runny milk at all. I was really wary when I first started using this, even though my skin probably needs it right now. I'm not fond of using cleansing creams at all. Sure, they're nice and moisturizing, but they don't rinse clean and they leave behind greasy films on my face, which I really hate. Fortunately, this Cucumber Cleansing Milk isn't like most cleansing creams. First off, it's thinner, having more of a lotion-like texture instead of a thick cream. Secondly, although it doesn't rinse completely and squeaky clean, it does rinse off well, leaving my face feeling perfectly moisturized and not filmy or greasy. I've been using it in the morning for more than 2 weeks now and have noticed significant reduction of the flaking and peeling on my cheeks and chin, even after sunscreen application! Did I mention it smells like fresh cucumber? Not too strong though, thank goodness!

Of course, it's not this cleanser by itself that helped my dry skin - I've started layering SkinFood Lettuce & Cucumber Water Jelly Essence underneath my moisturizers too (will review soon). However, the cleanser did aide my skin by not stripping it in the first place. I think I like it, actually! The next time The Body Shop has a sale, I'm definitely stocking up!

The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Lanolin (Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Juice (Natural Additive), Fragrance (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Green 5 (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour).
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts