Saturday, February 15, 2020

Alverde Naturkosmetik Lip Balm

Last spring, Julia sent me an enormous care package bursting with teas and other goodies. Among the items was this 4.8g tube of Alverde Naturkosmetik Lip Balm Bio-Calendula. I hope I got the product name right, because the whole packaging was in German and I'm German-illiterate ^.^"

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Julia said this and the blue-green Balea balm were drugstore staples that she wore to sleep, and that they were super affordable to boot, 1EUR(?) a piece! This blew me away because a $1 lip balm here feels like a stick of candle wax. Hell, many times the higher-end and much more expensive stuff still feel like a stick/pot of hard wax to me! 

Whereas this Alverde balm is wax-based but doesn't feel at all waxy. Instead, it's a thick and balmy formula that feels like a lovely moisturizing lipstick and applies with some tug to boot! It even smells like generic lipstick, with a tinge of herbal. Of course, being a balm it's clear without any color and leaves a very slight sheen. Love!

7 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad you like it! I slather this on my husband as well, because he always forgets to put on lipbalm, and I feel it keeps his lips nice enough even just applying once a day.
The other one in the mint colored package is actually a limited edition that I bought on a whim - did I say I used it a lot? Some days I'm not sure what comes out of my mouth lol.

D. said...

Hi Julia,

I LOVE this and am so happy you sent me a second tube with the most recent package! Seriously, you've introduced me to so many awesome things I would have never known about or even have the chance to try. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I really like the mint-colored LE one too and I'll post on it next. Also, since many of the goodies you sent me are in German packaging, if you see an incorrect brand/product name, please do correct me ok?

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

You have copied everything perfectly!

And speaking of awesome stuff, Tullys is selling a jasmine milk tea at Family Mart that is so yummy I'm afraid it will be take off the shelves in a few weeks, and sad I can't send you some.

D. said...

Thank you, although this lip balm's packaging was admittedly easier to guess than others.

Oh man, speaking of yummy things in Japan, the other day I saw a Salted Caramel Haageen Dazs bar on Instagram and just know it would be delicious and I won't be able to have any of it. Le sigh. So drink copious amount of that jasmine milk tea for me too :)

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Oh, that sounds like something Kotaro would like.

Will do! And try to make some at home.

D. said...

Ooohh making jasmine milk tea at home is something I can definitely try!

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Let's share results!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts