Monday, February 17, 2020

Kaena UV Powder SPF50+ PA++++

Last spring (yes, a year ago... =.="), while gearing up for a major sunscreen restock I found two new sunscreen powders, this Kaena UV Powder SPF50+ PA++++ and Country & Stream UV Face Powder SPF50+ PA++++, which I'll post next.

I haven't had much experience with Pola products outside of Three and Jurlique, and even then I haven't tried any Three skincare--one of these days I'll get to it! In the meantime, this sunscreen powder caught my eyes because it's Pola. Kaena is a "professional" brand, and I think that means it's marketed to salons and beauticians instead of end-users/consumers. Perhaps it's not on Cosme.net for the same reason? That said, I've also tried searching for a Kaena brand website and found nothing.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

One thing that really annoyed me was that the powder's content weight was not listed anywhere on the package, and since I couldn't find the brand website I didn't have that to refer to either. Luckily, I went back to the Rakuten JP shop where I bought it and they listed the content weight along with a list of ingredients. To add to the confusion, there's another brand by Ishizawa Lab (same company that makes Shigaisen Yohou) with a similar name: Keana Nadeshiko, and I actually just picked up a couple of items from their Kome Series to try. Will review those later.

For 6.5g of product, this sunscreen powder is pretty pricey at 2,800yen a piece. I didn't pay that though. Search around Rakuten JP, Amazon JP, and even Yahoo shopping and you'll find this powder at a more reasonable 2,000-2,200yen. The main active ingredients are zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), and titanium dioxide (酸化チタン).

I knew this was a pressed powder at the time of purchase. I just didn't know how pink it would be. It doesn't look that pink in these product photos because it was sunny day with clear sky and there's a blue wash over my photos. But in real life natural light, it's very pink, much so I think it might just work as a blusher-highlighter if you're fair enough. There was even some coverage to the powder, which only confused me more. Was this powder intended for cheeks only? Or for wintery-cloudy days only, which always turn me ashy and in need of some color? Other than the odd pink color, the powder is finely milled and unscented. For now, I've only swept this stuff under my eye area, on the cheeks, and around the chin. I haven't used it all over just yet.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts