Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Suqqu Designing Color Eyes Part IX

For spring 2019, Suqqu released two more Designing Color Eyes palettes, 12 幻光茜 (Genkouakane) in the permanent range and an LE 124 透葵陽 (Toukiyou). Normally, I'd be all over the LE quad but 124 was both too orange-y and too beige-y a version of 119 向陽葵 (Himawari), with an odd base/highlighter that's white with blue-shift. At the same time, I was surprised palette 12 wasn't a LE, because it's gorgeous, so I went with just that.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Speaking of the odd base/highlighter pan, palette 12 has one too and it's white with green-shift. The contrast is interesting, I guess? The eye looks on the promo pics were cool, I guess? But they forget those promo pics were done with professional makeup artists and professional models. How do they expect an average mum like me to pull off this contrast? Still, the odd pan didn't take away from the rest of the palette. In fact, I wore it to my family's Lunar New Year lunch using the pale pink as base/highlighter ^.^ Other than the odd contrasting pan, the eye shadows themselves are soft and silky and pigmented, as expected of Suqqu.

Clockwise from top left:
- Base/highlighter: shimmer, medium intensity. A chalky white with a pearly mint green sheen.
- Base/highlighter/lid: shimmer, medium intensity. Pastel pink.
- Deep/liner: satin, high intensity. Deep plum.
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. A warm blush pink.

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts